Week 1 was a success for the PFFWC, but a complete failure for me. Everything with the new system ran smoothly for Aaron in his first week. His stat service gave him some false information which made for some extra work, but that should only be a one week issue. Kudos to Aaron for pulling off this minor miracle by getting a full fledged national contest up and running in 6 months when starting from scratch!
When I set my lineups in week 1, I looked at the teams I drafted in June and July and thought "What was I thinking?". I had plenty of players who don't deserve to be on rosters and very few big time players I could count on. The numbers proved my initial thought as I didn't have a single team score over 90 points in my 4 leagues.
Here's a quick list of players I expect to have stud week and players to have dud weeks in week 2:
STUDS:
Michael Turner: this game will be a blowout with Turner being the benefactor. After going against the steel curtain last week, the Falcons will feel like they are playing against only 8 guys this week with the Cardinals
Aaron Rodgers: not going on a limb here. Packers will score at least 40 this week at home and no Ryan Grant means more throws for ARodge. I expect at least 4 TD's and 300+ yards out of him.
Wes Welker: Coming of a surprising week where he found the endzone twice, I love his matchup. With Revis most likely guarding Moss, Welker will tear apart Cromartie. Kyle Wilson has the quickness to give him a challenge, but I'll take the veteran Welker against a rookie corner every time. I predict a whopping 13+ catches for Welker this week.
Andre Johnson: With Foster having the huge game last week, Houston didn't need to pass the ball. This week they will as they go up against the tough Redskin defense. Look for Schaub to air it out and Johnson will be his main target as usual.
Joe Flacco: He now has weapons and won't have to face the Jets defense. The Bengals have been hyped as one of the top AFC teams, but Baltimore will show them they have a long ways to go to catch the Ravens.
2nd/3rd tier player to give a surprise performance: Jabbar Gaffney
He's emerged as a decent start on many fantasy teams and this week he'll prove that last week wasn't a fluke and he will soon become a must start player. Seattle's a bad team who plays good defense at home and not good on the road.
DUDS
Michael Vick: Unfortunately, I have to start him this week in a few leagues because of injuries and Vince Young going against Pittsburgh. He will do OK because they are playing Detroit. However, people who expect big points out of him will be disappointed. He is an inaccurate passer and if a team can game plan for him, they will greatly reduce his rushing yards. Look for McCoy to get more of a work load and Vick's poor throwing will lead to more punts than scores.
Tony Romo/Miles Austin: The offensive line was a sieve last week and they get Columbo back this week which will help, but it's still not enough to stop Julius Peppers and crew. If you don't have time to throw the ball, it's hard to gain yards passing. What a concept! I like the Cowboy receivers against the Bears secondary, but I have a feeling Romo will be running for his life.
DeSean Jackson: See Michael Vick
Chad Ochocinco: Bengals will have a hard time moving the ball against the Ravens. The only thing going for them is that the Ravens have a short week and expended a lot of energy in Monday nights game.
All Cardinals, Rams and Bills: These are 3 pathetic teams going on the road against solid defenses. All 3 teams will get blown out with very little offense to show for it. Consider other options if you have players like Hightower, Clayton, Anderson, Spiller, Evans, and Fitzgerald.
Friday, September 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment