They are now offering 3 tiers of pricing:
| # of teams/package | Tier 1 | Tier 2 | Tier 3 | Draft Scheduling |
| 1 | $75 | $125 | $275 | Draft by Thursday, August 20, 2009 |
| 3 | $210 | $345 | $780 | 1 July draft, 1 Aug draft, 1 Sept draft* |
| 6 | $390 | $625 | $1,425 | 2 July drafts, 2 Aug drafts, 2 Sept drafts* |
| 10 | $550 | $900 | $2,200 | 3 July drafts, 3 Aug drafts, 4 Sept drafts* |
Tier 1 is the cheapest, but you must finish first in your 10 team league to have a chance at the million dollars. In Tier 2, you need to finish 1st or 2nd. Tier 3 is the most expensive because you only have to finish in the top 6 (out of 10) to have a chance at one million dollars.
Personally, I think tier 3 is a waste of money. Yes, you can all but guarantee a chance to win a million dollars, but if you finish low in your league, can you expect to have a team good enough to make it to Vegas? In some cases (injuries early, tough league), you could benefit from paying extra. However, I believe Tier 1 or 2 are the best options.
If I had to pay again this year, I most likely would have bought a 3-pack in tier 1 just to save money. If you are very good at FFL and wish for the best chance to win the million, I would go with tier 2. That way you don't have to rely on a good week 10. With my free 3-pack, I get 2 teams in tier 2 and one in tier 1. I still might buy an extra 3-pack in tier 1, but since the first place teams only gets 2 free teams and not money, I may shy away from it. The basis of this contest is that someone gets a million dollars each year. However, I realistically know that it takes an awful lot of luck and skill to get that far, so to have a league champ prize of $250 to fall back on is one of the main reasons why I joined this contest last year.
For those of you new to the FFOC, this is a very fun contest and I highly suggest you enter ( http://www.ffoc.com?origin=cdm.808256 ). The forums are filled with information, good people, angry people, entertainment, and interesting debates. If you're lucky enough to make the top 15 and go to Vegas, it will be a weekend you'll never forget. Just ask Steve, Aaron, Chad or anyone else who made it in 2008.
Good luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment