Last year, I didn't start blogging until week 6 or 7 and I missed out on the pre-season analysis, strategy and predictions. I think this could be the biggest asset to the other owners, so I hope to provide some good insight this season as people prepare for their drafts.
Speaking of drafts...I have my first one in a few hours. I typically don't start thinking football until Mid-August, so I'm totally unprepared and still in baseball mode. My two July drafts will probably be pretty weak as I'll be going off of memory with some slight review of the free agents and where they went. I can say this much...Brett Favre will not be on any of my rosters. Great guy, and great for my hometown Packers, but he's done. He can still manage a game, but that make him another Chad Pennington or Steve McNair. Good for your football team, but not for your fantasy team.
Other than getting an idea of how high certain players are going, I'm anxious for this draft because one of the FFOC legends is in my league. The professional Chad from Omaha owner of the Coctails and Dreams franchises. He had a great run last year and had a nice profit. He obviously knows his business and I'll be interested to watch his draft and follow his moves during the season. You never know how good you are until you go up against the best of the best!
As far as my strategy for this draft, it will be the same as last year. Take the best player available and don't worry about bye weeks or positions until the later rounds. Since Quarterbacks score the most points and you're able to use them at the flex position, getting 2 good qb's is essential to success. Last year, I got lucky with Kurt Warner who took the place of my 3rd pick, Derek Anderson, who fell like a football going through Braylon Edwards' hands. He hit ground zero hard and often! I still believe that rb's are the next important spot and can carry you. Wide receivers are a dime a dozen and are the least of my worries. I may try to get one top WR since most of the Vegas finalists had a top WR like Steve Smith or Roddy White on their roster.
Good luck to those drafting. If you're in one of my leagues, I'd love to hear from you. The league play is much more fun when you know the owners. I have 3 teams and I am in Whiskey/Bourbon Heaven with team names of Jack Daniels, Jim Beam and George Dickel.
Tuesday, July 21
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment