Monday, October 19

Manger Scorecard

It's time for the Monday Morning Armchair quarterback to point out what moves should have been made and which moves look great because they worked out.

Q-School Rum - which 2 rb's to start? Ryan Grant, Steve Slaton or Thomas Jones? Choice: Grant and Jones Grade: B

Everything happened that I thought. Jones tore up the weak Bills D. Packers blew out the Lions. Slaton had trouble running the ball, but made plays in the passing game. Unfortunately, Slaton found paydirt and Grant didn't. I got 9 less points by using Grant, but at least I had the best of the 3 in my lineup (Jones with 30+).

Johnny Walker - Need to pick up a 3rd WR since Calvin Johnson is hurt. My top options are Justin Gage, Andre Caldwell, Eddie Royal, Louis Murphy. Choice: Eddie Royal Grade: TBD

TBD as Royal plays tonight. None of the other 3 lit it up, so the move will be an A or B. Royal doesn't have to do much for it to be an A move. The other choices would have gotten me 0.0 (gage), 5.7 (caldwell) or 0.0 (murphy).

JagerMeister - Picking my 3 WR's from T.O., S.Holmes, N.Burleson, A.Boldin, S.Smith(NYG) Choice: Boldin, Smith and Burleson Grade: C

Only Holmes had a double digit performance with 10.4 pts and I didn't start him. T.O. was the lowest scorer and I correctly benched him. The extra 6.4 points I would have received for starting Holmes and benching Burleson probably wouldn't have gotten me another win for being in the top 5 so it only cost me some points on my season total.

PK - Ryan Longwell or Matt Prater? Choice: Longwell Grade: TBD

Prater plays tonight, but my decision looks good as Longwell scored 16.0 points.

Jose Cuervo - starting WR's between Roddy White, Nate Burleson, Braylon Edwards, Steve Smith(NYG) Choice: White, Smith and Edwards Grade: B+

White is the only player who scored double digits. Burleson tied Edwards for the lowest total with 4.0, so no matter which way I went I would have scored the same since White and Smith will start each week for me.

George Dickel - With a lot of players on bye, the only decision I have is #3 WR...M.Massaquoi or S.Rice? Choice: Massaquoi Grade: F

Rice more than doubled Massaquoi's output. The extra 9 points probably wouldn't have prevented my team from going 0-2 this week. I need a monster game out of Rivers tonight to squeak out 1 or 2 wins.

Jim Beam - #3 WR...Santana Moss or DeSean Jackson? Choice: DeSean Jackson Grade: B+

Jackson more than double'd Moss this week. Probably didn't make a difference in my final outcome. I would have won either way and the extra 5 points I gained with Jackson probably isn't what kept me in the top 5.

Jack Daniels - OP Carson Palmer or Mark Sanchez? Choice: Palmer Grade: A

Palmer was who I thought he'd be this week. Sanchez wasn't. Not only did Sanchez fail to find the end zone, but he also threw 5 picks and got a whopping .36 ponts. I still went 0-2, but it feels better to make the right guess.

Overall, I appear to have made correct decisions this week and got close to optimal scores out of the rosters I was given. A definite successful week from a managing standpoint. I still didn't have the greatest results as two of my teams are now all but eliminated from playoff contention with 3 weeks to go.

No comments: