Friday, October 30

It's go time!

It's now or never in the FFOC. With just 2 weeks to go in the FFOC regular season, the race to the championship has probably narrowed down to no more than 5 teams in most of your leagues. A few teams probably already have a playoff spot wrapped up, which is good for tier 2 teams. QSchool and Tier 1 teams will still have to sweat out week 10.
Here are how my 7 FFOC teams are looking with 2 weeks to go:

QSchool Rum - Qschool league #1312

Currently in a 3 way tie for first and one team is only a game back. This week, I play FantasyStars, one of the teams tied with me. If I win the h2h matchup, I should be good for the championship game as I play a 3-11 team next week. Crystal Ball, the third 10-4 team plays Redbirds, the 9-5 team this week, so week 8 is turning out to be the key week in this league. The other two 10-4 teams play each other next week, so if I can win this week, those 2 may be fighting it out to see who plays me in the finals week 10.

Johnny Walker - tier 2 league #1145

Currently sitting in 4th place at 7-7 after a few straight 1-1 weeks. I'm 3 out of 2nd, but the playoffs look out of reach. Not only do I have to gain 2 games on one team and 3 on another, but there are also 3 other teams at 7-7 who could pass me in points if the top teams falter. This is one case where I'd prefer to play the top teams so I can control my own fate. I play one of the 7-7 teams this week and the first place team (11-3) next week. The team in 3rd, which is 2 games in front of me, gets to play the two lowest scoring teams the next 2 weeks.

Jager Meister - tier 2 league #710

Tied in 2nd @11-3 and one game behind the first place team White Crane XVIII. Next week, I take on Anarchist, the other 11-3 team so that could most likely determine who takes on White Crane in the championship. White Crane could slip up this week as they are without Tom Brady and have Mark Sanchez at starting QB. This 3 team race is going to come down to help from the middle of the pack teams. My 0-2 last week has taken my team off of cruise control and into Score big mode!

Jose Cuervo - tier 2 league #623

This is a 4 team race with X1 still mathematically alive at 7-7. I'm tied for 3rd at 9-5 and one game out of 2nd. Guiness Stingers, the first place team, sits at 12-2 with a magic # of 2. Their total points are low, so if they stumble, they could miss the playoffs. This week I play the Lucky Ducks who haven't been lucky. They are 5-9 despite having the 3rd most points in the league. The Stingers play the other 9-5 team (moneymandtejas) this week so that's a big match. Next week, I play Everquest, the 10-4 team, so I control my own destiny. If I go 4-0 I should win any tie breaker and make the playoffs since I'm currently the highest scoring team in the league.

George Dickel - tier 1 league #474

I've given up all hope. Mathematically alive at 6-8, 4 games out of 2nd, I not only have to leap frog 5 teams, but I also need a few huge weeks as I'm 50 points behind almost all the teams ahead of me. Making the playoffs in this league would be like Vince Young leading the Titans to the NFL playoffs this year. Wishful thinking, but it's not going to happen.

Jim Beam - tier 2 league #777

My first team into the Vegas bracket. I'm 4 games ahead of 3 teams tied for 3rd so my magic number is one. I'm sure this loaded team can finish in the top 5 at least one of the next 2 weeks. If I go 0-4, I can still get in with help or by holding on to the tie breaker. I have a 50 point lead on the highest scoring 8-6 team.

Jack Daniels - tier 2 league #495

I am against the 3rd place team this week and a 7-7 team next week. The Booty Busters are without Brady and Wayne is banged up, so I have a good chance to pass one of the 2 teams I need to pass. The top 2 teams (Clam Digger and cvnpoka) go h2h this week so I can gain a game on at least one of them. Obviously I hope Clam Digger wins since I'm 3 games behind them and only 2 behind cvnpoka3. The bad news is that cvnpoka3 plays a team next week that has given up and scored only 600 points this year so I'll need cvnpoka3 to finish out of the top 5 at least one of these weeks. My lineup is below average this week without Palmer and Benson so I'll need a surprising week out of Mark Sanchez or Michael Bush or else week 9 may not matter for me. This team is definitely too weak to advance in the Vegas bracket, but Benson has a weak enough schedule that he could carry some teams through the Vegas bracket just as D'Angelo Williams did last year.


Overall, I should get 2 teams into the Vegas bracket for sure and I'm just hoping that one of my teams that needs help gets the help they need to give me 3 teams in the Vegas bracket. This week will eliminate at least 2 of my teams from contention, hopefully no more than 2.

No comments: