Tuesday, August 23

Breaking down league 155 draft results

Rosters/teams are listed in their draft order.

Team One (brady, flacco, smith, mendenhall, hillis, f.jones, bjge, hunter, murray, wallace, boldin, garcon, meacham, ford, little, pettigrew, f.davis, bryant, atlanta, houston) - Not a flashy team, but definitely a solid team. Needs Brady to be MVP-like in order to contend.

Odds to win: 15:1  Longshot

Scottie D (rodgers, freeman, newton, mjd, bradshaw, wells, hightower, helu, ridley, jennings, m.williams (tb), lloyd, amendola, d.moore, bess, witten, cook, kendricks, barth, packers) - Another solid team. Rodgers is a stud and will carry any team he's on. I like his draft strategy of loading up on position players and only taking 1 k and 1 def. It is good to do this in early drafts, so you have more chances to strike gold with a 2nd or 3rd stringer. There are always kickers and defenses on the free agent list worth playing. The production of the Freeman-Williams combo will determine if this team is a favorite or just another solid team.

Odds to win: 6:1  Contender

Stars III (vick, bradford, campbell, mcfadden, forte, d.thomas, starks, snelling, vereen, bowe, colston, s. johnson, s. rice, edwards, roy williams, m. lewis, gonzo, j. brown, ravens, viqueens) - Vick is a stud when he's on the field. This team better hopes my prediction of Vick missing at least 4 games this year with injury isn't correct. They don't want to have to play Campbell. Solid receiving corp and McFadden and Forte can be automatic starters, but both have also shown inconsistency in their young careers. Thomas and Starks are decent rb depth. If Vick does what he did last year, this team is a favorite. However, I just don't see it happening.

Odds to win: 12:1  Pretender

Deal Breakers IV (mcnabb, orton, t.jackson, ADP, Greene, best, benson, lynch, m.bush, fitzgerald, nicks, d jackson, knox, crabtree, driver, v.davis, shiancoe, gostkowski, seabass, eagles) - Love this team! Strong at every position except QB. This will definitely test the theory of this being a QB league. The QB's are really weak, but the rest of the team is super strong and deep. I feel that most qb's will score at least 10 if you play the right match up, so this team should be strong all year. Only problem could be guessing wrong on the rb match ups each week.

Odds to win: 3:1  Strong Contender

Juggernaut II (rivers, kolb, garrard, turner, ingram, r.bush, p.thomas, harrison, ri. williams, ca. johnson, austin, marshall, julio jones, burleson, winslow, z.miller, celek, henery, pittsburgh, giants) - Loved the first 4 picks, but then hit a speed bump with Ingram in round 5. At least he handcuffed Pierre Thomas to him, but I think Ingram is one of the most over rated/drafted players in the drafts I've seen. I don't think he's a 20 carry back and with the saints passing game, he'll need to score 20 td's to be worth a pick this early. RB2 could be the only thing between a long cutline run and a week 1 exit.

Odds to win: 6:1  Contender

Test Tickles (Brees, Schaub, Sanchez, mccoy, s.jackson, moreno, LT, ro brown, t.jones, holmes, ochocinco, l.moore, s.moss, branch, daniels, keller, cooley, crosby, jets, 49ers) - This draft shows that by purchasing a bunch of teams, all of Zebb's draft practice is paying off. This team could be ridiculously good if not for his panic pick of Ochocinco in round cinco. I also don't understand the pick of Cooley in round 19 when he is obviously thin at WR and Cooley will never start over Daniels or Keller. Two stud qb's, 3 solid rb's and a stud TE will be enough to get him to at least week 13. Receivers are weak, but you can find FA wr's all season.

Odds to win: 2:1  Heavy favorite (despite the 2nd grade humor in his team name)

Jim Beam (ryan, e.manning, mccoy, foster, mathews, grant, f.jackson, tate, torain, r.white, bryant, aj green, sims-walker, breaston, james jones, graham, moeaki, carpenter, miami, lions) Of course I like my team. Otherwise I wouldn't have drafted these players. Very solid team, but without a stud TE, this team will need 2 of the rb's to be top 10 rb's in order to make it to Vegas. Two regrets I have are passing on Moreno to get Bryant and underestimating when Tolbert (handcuff for mathews) would be drafted.

Odds to win: 6:1 Contender

JoeTime12 (stafford, cutler, hasselbeck, rice, charles, tolbert, mcgahee, r.jennings, sproles, v.jackson, britt, manningham, smith (car), thomas, evans, finley, hernandez, hartley, chargers, cowboys) Early leader out of the club house getting Rice and Charles off the bat. Stayed solid with VJax and Stafford, but then fumbled with Cutler in the 5th round. I know people try to get 2 solid qb's, but at this point, there were 5 or 6 mediocre qb's left so I would have preferred they took their top WR on the board and waited a few more rounds on the 2nd qb. It's not a terrible pick because with Martz in charge, the upside is there. However, their receivers are so weak and the o-line average at best, so I don't expect Cutler to put up good numbers. The other moves I question were drafting backup rb's in McGahee and Jennings when he could of handcuffed his 2 studs by taking ricky williams and thomas jones instead. Now if one if his stud rb's goes down, this team is done.

Odds to win: 8:1  Pretender

Team with no name (romo, p.manning, fitzpatrick, gore, d. williams, addai, stewart, carter, barber, wayne, harvin, collie, j.nelson, floyd, da. clark, gronkowski, tamme, kaeding, bears, cards) When this owner enters a team name, it should be "Indianapolis Colts". Why didn't he take Vinatieri and their defense? Then they'd get points every time Indy does. Sorry to say, but the Colts offense isn't what it used to be. It's effective, but not great for piling up stats like the Saints, Eagles and Packers are. Also a few years late on Gore and D'Angelo Williams. 2 or 3 years ago, this team would have been a Contender. For this year, they better hope they have other teams. One thing I'll give them credit for are the handcuff picks of Stewart and Carter.

Odds to win: 30:1  No chance

The My Melodys (roethlisberger, cassel, henne, ch. johnson, blount, jacobs, spiller, ringer, harper, a.johnson, welker, maclin, burress, williams (sea), hester, gates, olsen, rackers, patriots, saints) - Maybe I've looked at too many teams, because I don't have many opinions on this one. People are high on Blount this year, but I don't trust him. I am not worried about Chris Johnson reporting in time for the start of the season. Very solid WR's (once he cuts hester) and TE's. This team will hang around the top, but probably won't have enough to finish top 3.

Odds to win: 10:1  Semi-contender

No comments: