1> Machine2 (vick, cutler, henne, turner, mccoy, r.bush, sproles, ro. brown, scott, bryant, harvin, sims-walker, burress, floyd, crabtree, gates, hernandez, rackers, rams)
Way too many health risks on this team, especially in the top few picks. Vick, Gates, Harvin, McCoy, R. Bush are all guys who miss at least 2 games each season due to injury. The receiving corp is weak, but it has potential. I know it's the common trend, but I'd never take Vick #1 due to the injury factor and that now teams have a blue print on how to slow him down. Gates (round 4) was taken too early considering his ankle/foot problems the past few years.
2> Charger (roethlisberger, cassel, tebow, ADP, bradshaw, lynch, woodhead, gerhart, ca. johnson, fitzgerald, colston, knox, s.moss, bess, winslow, z.miller, heap, gould, lions, giants)
Love the receivers and rb's should be solid assuming bradshaw or lynch step up. Depth/bench is a bit weak, but I still like this team to contend. Loved the first 3 picks of ADP, Johnson and Fitzgerald. If the team builds depth in free agency, they will be a team to reckon with.
3> Skowman (rodgers, ryan, freeman, benson, mathews, addai, torain, vereen, mcgahee, v jackson, manningham, britt, driver, r.moss, mike williams (sea), daniels, watson, gronkowski, buehler, arizona)
I realize that qb's win in this format, but to spend 3 of your first 4 picks on a qb is suicide IMO. Every year, 12+ qb's get hurt or benched. It's the highest injury risk position, so to use high picks on qb's is a risk. The main reason I don't like it is because your supporting cast becomes very thin. He has aging rb's, but I do like Mathews this year. The QB's are best in this league, but not enough to carry the team.
Odds to win: 15:1 Pretender
4> Jack Daniels (me) (eli, sanchez, mccoy, ch johnson, mjd, moreno, starks, f. jackson, nicks, bowe, edwards, james jones, simpson, sanders, finley, olsen, seabass, vinatieri, packers, dolphins)
QB's and WR depth are a bit thin. RB's will be the strong point and with 2 top WR's and a potentially explosive TE, this team will contend. A lot depends on how Eli adapts to not having Boss and Smith, his 2 security blankets.
Odds to win: 8:1 Contender
Elite QB's will keep this team in the running all season. The supporting cast is fairly solid. If they can find a 2nd rb and 3rd wr to be consistent, this team should be in the finals. Although they jumped the gun by taking 2 defenses in round 10 and 11, they have 2 good ones and should find a favorable match up each week.
Odds to win: 6:1 Serious Contender
Solid draft. No real stretches or wasted picks. Like the rb's and te's. I'm not a fan of McNabb, but a good year out of him could make this team a true contender. With Fox in Denver, I think Lloyd was taken too high. I have him on my "do not draft" list this year. If I'm right on Lloyd, the 3rd WR spot could be a weak link.
Odds to win: 10:1 Possible contender
Like the draft strategy. Grabbed Foster in first round and top WR's in the next 3. Still got solid qb's with stafford and kolb. The one move that could cost them is taking Ingram in round 7 over the likes of D'Angelo Williams, Marshawn Lynch and David Thomas. I know Ingram is a public favorite, but I don't think he will be an impact player this season.
Odds to win: 5:1 Serious Contender
Super solid first 4 picks (charles, rivers, schaub, forte). Added a top TE in Clark. receivers are a bit thin, but you can always find wr's in free agency. The qb's and rb's are as solid as any in the league. This is the team to beat IMO.
Odds to win: 3:1 Favorites
Got a steal with Gore in the end of round 3. Solid qb's. WR's are old and a weak spot on the team. Good draft for 10 rounds and then pretty weak the rest of the way. If the studs stay healthy and have good years, this team is a darkhorse.
Odds to win: 20:1 Longhsot
10> Glaizermags (bradford, campbell, smith, mendenhall, mcfadden, da thomas, f jones, hightower, ridley, miles, wallace, holmes, ju jones, aj green, evans, pettigrew, cook, henery, bears, saints)
This is a tough one to figure out. I loved most of this teams picks in the draft, yet the first time I looked at the team, I didn't like it. Probably because I'm not sold on Mendenhall and McFadden as top 11 players. I loved the pickup of David Thomas and Felix Jones in rounds 7-8. I also loved getting Alex Smith and Lee Evans with the last 2 picks. This team will lose ground each week at TE. I like Cook and Pettigrew as good talents, but not as a top 10 scoring TE. I also like the picks of the talented rookie receivers Jones and Green in round 9-10. I only like this because he has proven receivers drafted earlier, so he doesn't need the young guys to produce. Although I like Bradford and Smith to be decent this year, I don't see how this team can win with these qb's.
Odds to win: 18:1 Good upside, but I don't see them winning
I'd love to hear your comments on the teams. Everyone values players differently. I'm sure if other people ranked the teams, they could be in reverse order of what I have. That's what makes drafting so much fun. Because everyone sees things differently and thus where players get drafted will vary from draft to draft.
Good luck in your future drafts. I hope this evaluation helps you in your preparation.

1 comment:
excellent read, enjoyed it and hope you keep it going all year. 5-1 odds on me, i like it and agree with what you said. heres hoping to hit the top 3.
Post a Comment