Monday, December 1

141

I'm sure last night was a sleepless night for some people. Week 13 is the first week, where you truly need a very good week in order to stay alive for the million dollar grand prize. The field will be cut from 281 down to 141 this week. As the field thins, certain players will be on a majority of the teams rosters.
This week, the big scores were by D'Angelo Williams, Thomas Jones, Chris Johnson, Jay Cutler, and Brian Westbrook. If you didn't have one of these players, I'm pretty sure you didn't make the cut.
With one game to play, it brings up an age old question. Would you rather be above the cut line with no players and needing 30 teams to pass you tonight to get cut? Or would you rather be 10-20 points below the cut line with Slaton and A.Johnson playing? In head to head matches, I always prefer to be the one done and in the lead and make the other guys player(s) beat me Monday night. I probably take the same stance in the FFOC with it's elimination rounds. Either way, the owners hovering within 15 points of the cut line will be watching the live scoring very closely tonight.
Some people say they don't like the week by week elimination rounds because the best teams probably won't make it to Vegas. I think that's the great feature of this format. No matter if you were the high point getter in week 13 or the 141st place finisher, you still have an equal shot to advance past week 14. It gives every owner equal hope going into each week. If you went into the week knowing that you had to make up 20 points on 40 different teams, then you may not be as excited than if everyone started at 0 to start the week.
I took a general glance at owners with multiple teams. I see a fellow Wisconsinite, just 10 minutes south of me, Rick T, has 3 teams safely above the cut line. I will now take interest in his teams and follow them closely starting next week. I've been following Chad S, who started with 10 teams in the Vegas bracket and had 5 or 6 coming into this week. He has one team that is currently above the cut line, but looks like it won't make it as it has no more players. He has 3 other teams, that are currently below the cut with Kris Brown and 1 or two other big time players going (A.Johnson, Slaton and/or MJD). He is definitely rooting for a high scoring game with a lot of Houston FG's.
Rick appears to be the only Wisconsin owner who will advance to week 14. I also noticed two unique names from IL, who I think are childhood friends of mine who I haven't seen or talked to in over 10 years. Gentan and Kalen....if you are the Schulties brothers, give me a shout out. It would be fun to catch up with you. If not, then screw you FIBS! lol...j/k

Good luck to all, and to all a good night.

No comments: