And the winner of the first ever MILLION DOLLAR grand prize for fantasy football is.....
...to be determined. However, the field was greatly narrowed yesterday down to Shane S (Xfactor) and Kenneth S (Giantboys). There are a handful of teams scrambling for 2nd and 3rd, but who really cares about that? Only these 2 teams have a realistic chance at winning first place. It comes down to Aaron Rodgers vs Matt Forte and the Bears defense. Every pick that Rodgers throws will be double joy/pain for these owners.
A few other teams are technically alive if Greg Olsen gets 8 touchdowns or Mason Crosby kicks 20 field goals, but in all likely hood, this will be a 2 team race. I wonder if the other 13 finalists have taken sides and will root for one or the other? It sounds like they are all having a good time and I'm sure it's an experience of a life time.
I haven't taken the time to do a full analysis of my lineup 'first guesses', but here's what I know...
Of the 14 lineup changes I said I would make on Friday, half of those moves were made by the owners. I'm sure weather was the biggest influence, but maybe my blog truly has power? Anyways...of the 7 moves that were made, 5 of them turned out beneficial and the other 2 were not. Of the ones I suggested, but weren't made, 4 would have been better and 3 would have been worse, and in some cases, much worse. This is assuming the Packers DST scores less than 18 points and Driver scores more than 3.0.
Tomorrow I will try and figure out the final standings had I been in control of the 15 lineups.
Best of luck Shane and Kenneth! I know one of you will be pretty disappointed, but you'll still get a good chunk of money and won't have to deal with all the media coverage when it's over. I'm definitely jealous that I wasn't good enough to make it to Vegas, especially since we got almost 2 feet of snow and have had wind chills around -30 all weekend here in Wisconsin.
Monday, December 22
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment