Thursday, December 11

Ballin in Cinn City?

The dreaded headline came out last night that Cin-City Ballers owner Jim W and Hedgehogs owner Rick T have been anxiously waiting for all week:
" Elias and the NFL have made the following stat changes for Week 14:"

As I left you on Monday night, after the weeks totals were in, Cin-City Ballers were the final team in the top 57 with 118.5 points. Hedgehogs were overtaken by a few teams thanks to a late D'Angelo Williams touchdown run and sat at 118.0.
Thanks to the guys at Elias, these two teams have flip flopped in the standings mainly due to a change in the scoring of the Giants-Eagles game. They decided to change what was originally ruled a sack and said that it was a designed run so they gave McNabb a -4 yard carry on the play rather than a sack by the Giants. Cin-City Ballers started the Giants defense last week, so this lost point turns out huge. They did receive an extra 3 tenths of a point because Adrian Peterson had a 3 yard loss taken off his stat sheet as it was ruled a fumble by Tavarias Jackson. So in all, he drops .7 points down to 117.8 making Hedgehogs the last team to squeak in this week. I can't imaging the range of emotions both owners had from Monday until the stat change was announced.
Until I played the FFOC, I never really paid attention to stat changes and didn't realize how many there really were each week. None of my leagues have ever paid attention to them and I never thought of it making a difference. But in this contest with so many teams and a scoring system which uses partial points, one stat change can make a big difference.
Earlier this season, I read in a forum how Elias changed Antonio Bryant's stats for a game and it cost an owner his victory that week. That owner ended up losing out on a tie breaker and didn't make his league championship. That's tough luck when a person watching the film of a game decides your fate and ends a chance at winning a million dollars.
I guess there's not only instant replay in the NFL, but also in fantasy football!

No comments: