Friday, December 19

first guessing

A favorite topic in the forums on Mondays and Tuesdays are "I should have started this guy instead of that guy" once they see "that guy" scored more points. Especially with WR's, it's hard to predict who will have a big game and who won't. Running backs and quarterbacks are much easier to project due to match-ups.
I'm sure there will be a lot of second guessing and people wishing they would have made a change as it would have won them an extra $3000 or even $900,000. I just went through everyone's current lineups, and here are the lineup changes I would do if I were the owners....

Cocktails and Dreams XIV - Slaton for C.Johnson...Oakland gives up 5 yds per carry so Slaton should have a field day. Johnson goes against a stingy Steeler D and still shares carries with White.
Bryant for Holt - Holt has done nothing this year. Bryant is the hot hand and Garcia sounds like he'll play. Garcia definitely always has an eye on Bryant.
Schaub for Cassel - Normally I'd go with Cassel, but the weather really has me scared. We just got 12 inches of snow here in Wisconsin and the front should be on the east coast on Sunday. Schaub doesn't have a great match-up, so I don't have much of a problem with Cassel.

Mike and Shea Dynasty - Driver for Walter...As stated numerous times, I think Houston will run all over Oakland. The good part about Walter is that Asumogha will be on Johnson. However, Driver does perennially well against the Bears and Green Bay will be throwing a lot on Monday

touched by an uncle - Jacobs for Romo...I don't like starting qb's against Baltimore, especially a turnover prone qb like Romo. Jacobs sounds determined to play this week and he's a load to stop. He also has the potential to score 3 tds every time he takes the field.

Hip ID liquos - J.Brown for Elam....Both are kicking in a dome, but Brown has the stronger leg and has had quite a few 50+ fg's this year. Also, with 4 other teams having Elam, this could be a spot for Hip to gain on his competitors. The Rams offense has been bad, which means FG's instead of TDs.

Wolf River Dragons - Pennington for Rhodes...OK...I'm a little late on this one, and Rhodes had a solid game. I still prefer to play a qb at the OP position unless you have 3 stud rb's. With Addai returning, Rhodes production was probably going to be limited.

Xfactor - Green Bay for Tennessee...Without Haynesworth and Vanden bosche, the potential for Tennessee to get sacks and turnovers is greatly less. I also can see Pittsburgh rolling up 30+ points this week against the battered D. Green Bay has been creating turnovers and playing in tough conditions on Monday night should keep the score low and turnovers likely.

Who Wha - Hill for Warner....Arizona has nothing to play for and will most likely be in a snow storm on the east coast where they struggle. I can see Warner getting less than 8 points. Martz returns to St Louis where the mad scientist made a name for himself. Hill has been performing well and look for Martz to try and pile on the points against his former team.

skowman - S.Jackson for MJD...once again, I'm late and MJD had a very nice game. So what do I know? I actually liked Drew's match-up this week, but I like Jackson's (and Slaton's) better. It's a move where I don't think you can go wrong. With Jackson's health issues, it's possible he wanted to go the safe route in case Jackson was a late scratch.

cocktails and dreams - slaton for D.Williams...As stated many times...I love slaton's match up and don't like Williams. Seems like I have the most disagreement with Chad's lineups. That's probably why he's so successful and I'm not.
K.Brown for Rackers...Rackers will be kicking in a snow storm and he seems to miss more FG's than does Brown. Brown has a good match-up with Oakland and should have decent weather as well.

rotoplay - holmes for bowe....I think this is a wash, and Kraig mentioned he wasn't sure which way to go. I just think Holmes has the ability to have a huge week where as Bowe will consistently give you 60-90 yds and once in a while throw in a TD. Holmes can get shut down, or have 130 yds and 2 TDs. I would go for the home run with a million bucks on the line.

Giantboys - Bulger for D.Williams...I was going to keep Williams and bench McNabb, but in the end, having 2 qb's won out. I think I'm just living in the past by liking Bulger this week.

The other 4 teams started the same lineup that I would. Good luck to everyone, and I won't say "I told you so" if my line-up change suggestion would have won you the million dollar prize. However, I will analyze my suggestions and see if these winners really know more than I do about FFL.

Safe travels and good luck!

No comments: