Monday, December 8

Game blog

7:49 cdt and John Kasay kicks a 34 yd field goal. Delhomme had Muhammad open for a possible TD on 2nd down, but was sacked just before he could throw it. He then dropped a tough pass on 3rd down setting up the FG. Good start for Kalen! (EZTicketsearch_com) CUT LINE: 108.84

8:06 cdt and Matt Bryant clanks a 40 yd fg off the upright. Not good news for Truthseekers and Carolina Cowboys who needed a solid game out of him. It's good news for those with the Carolina defense as the shutout is still alive. CUT LINE: 109.02

8:37 pm - Bryant gets back the 2 pts he lost and one extra as the score is 3-3 with 6 minutes left. Both teams are moving the ball, but not many fantasy points are being scored. One of the underdogs coming into the week...Willboski....could have used a TD pass by Garcia there. He's now above the cut line, but could use some breathing room in case Garcia gets hurt or turns into Tony Picks-throw. CUT LINE: 109.06

8:47 pm: Carolina runs the ball right down Tampa's throat highlighted by a 40 yd run by D'Angelo Williams which pushed the cut line up a few points. The owners who need a monster night out of Williams are disappointed that Stewart got the goal line carry for the touchdown. Kalen and Zebb each get another point from Kasay to put them right at the cut line of 110.52

8:57: Halftime...Carolina gets a few sacks to give Boomers Big Bad Bombers a slight cushion above the cut line. CUT LINE: 110.52

HALF TIME NOTES:
It's been a quiet half for Steve Smith (31 yds), but he seems to be getting open with regularity. Look for him to have a big second half, but not enough for my friend Gentan (BroadwayG) to make the cut. His brother Kalen is in more trouble than I thought. Currently above the cut line with John Kasay playing, there are 7-10 teams within 6 points of him with D'Angelo Williams playing. Chad still has all 3 of his Cocktails and Dreams teams above the cut line, but it won't take long for number 15 to be eliminated. The other two teams appear safe.

9:15 pm - Typical over-coaching in the NFL shows true again. For the second series in a row, Carolina runs the ball down Tampa's throat and suddenly Carolina out thinks themselves and tries passing. An INT for Delhomme wipes away Ryan C's (Reece's Team) hopes. CUT LINE: 111.4

9:19 pm - Before I can finish typing one post, Garcia under throws a wide open Antonio Bryant, but Bryant makes a nice play and gets into the endzone. My man William (Willboski) is now safely above the cut line at 120 pts. Team dat needs money inches closer to the cut line with the M.Bryant PAT. This could be good news for Steve Smith owners. CUT LINE: 111.32

9:26 pm - WOW! It's like I had a bug in Jake Delhomme's ear. Suddenly Steve Smith owners are happier now that he gets a 38 yard TD. I'm sure some of the owners are complaining that it wasn't 40 so they could get the 2 bonus points. The best news is right after I count Gentan out, he comes out of nowhere and is now ahead of both the cut line and his brother Kalen. Thanks to the PAT, Kalen stays above as well. CUT LINE: 111.94

9:45 pm - The scoring is fast and furious this half. Willboski and Waste Management now appear safe as Garcia is having a good game. EZticketsearch_com is hanging on to the cut line right now. Chad S has officially lost one of his teams. We still have a quarter to go, so the Williams and Smith owners should still have hope. CUT LINE: 112.14

9:52 pm - I can hear it own. Anchor Crankers, Rock Ur World, Stone Cold Bears, Kiljoys2, and Orange Juice owners are screaming that Johnathan Stewart is in at the goal line again. He gets his 2nd td of the game robbing Williams owners of 6 valuable points. Carolina owners can now hope for some sacks and a turnover as TB will most likely be throwing. My childhood friend Kalen could use another score out of Kasay as he is now just above the cut. A field goal would be best because a few Williams owners can pass him as well. CUT LINE: 112.94

10:06 pm - Can you say "Slaton-esque?". D'Angelo Williams rips off 57 yards and a TD on just 2 carries. All the teams mentioned above are jumping for joy. Cali-ballers have made a huge comeback with Antonio Bryant tonight and will be thankful that Tampa will be forced to throw the ball now as he needs a few more to get over the cut. The cut line made a huge jump to 115.8 which is bad for Kalen and Gentan. Probably worse for Gentan as Steve Smith probably won't see any more balls thrown to him. Kalen can still get a late FG from Kasay.

10:12 - The next group of teams to wait out the Williams/Bryant/Kasay saga are OKC Express, Pimpin Hooters, Black Jack and Unlucky Bass Turds. All are out of players and have seen the cut line jump up to within a point of their score.

10:17 - Boomers Bombers gets a big sack out of their D to bump out OKC Express for the last spot. OKC needs TB to put more points on the board to have a chance. However, Gentan is right behind him needing only 13 more yards to move ahead of OKC. Tampa ball with 5 minutes to go. CUT LINE: 116.28

10:25 pm - In what is now the best catch in FFOC history, Antonio Bryant gets a kiss from his Cali-Ballers owner Jeffrey V as the one handed, fully extended TD catch puts him safely over the cut line. Cali came into tonight needing a miracle will once again be an underdog next week as he is ranked 139 out of 141 going into this week. Tough luck for Boomer's, as not only does Cali pass him, but the points allowed for carolina drops him below a few other teams. I might get the OT finish I predicted earlier! Pimpin Hooters and Black Jack have also been eliminated.

10:35 pm - I just can't keep up anymore. I need a wireless lap top and a personal assistant. D'Angelo Williams is even more Steve Slaton-esque as he scampers for a 36 yd score. This all but eliminates Gentan and Kalen. The TD also moved Who Ha and DevilDogs into the top 57, knocking out Hedgehogs and Unlucky Bass Turds. Hedgehogs is one of Rick's 3 teams which I thought would make it. Now he's only down to 1 team and Chad S is on the edge of losing a second team as well. CUT LINE: 118.5 (Cin-city-Ballers)

Final Wrap up: Carolina tacked on a sack at the end and could of had another INT, but neither factored in the final cut. However the late heroics by D'Angelo Williams and Antonio Bryant made very happy owners in Jeffrey (Cali-Ballers), Doug M (Big Cheese), Dwain(
Who Ha), David M (MarissChris3) and Timothy H (Devildogs). Two other second half beneficiaries were David S (skowman) and Jeremy S (Junk Yard Dog) who had Steve Smith.
D'Angelo Williams helped Timothy get both of his teams in. Donald and Rick also got 2 teams to the final 57. Rick T lost 2 of his 3, Jarred lost both of his, and Dwain snuck one team in just above the cut thanks to DA. Mad props to the 3 owners who have 2 teams in the final 57! It's hard enough to get one team there, much less two. They are in the top 99 percentile of the league as we had over 6600 teams. I don't care how many teams they bought..this is still a great accomplishment!
Last but not least, the Vegas bracket said goodbye to some friends of the blog. Kalen (EZticketsearch_com), Gentan (Broadway G), Zebb (Pandruggles) and Ryan C (Reece's Team). Also to Todd M(One Purple Chair), who I just realized today was another Wisconsin resident who was still alive (along with Rick). Sorry I missed you earlier Todd. Enjoy the snow we're getting! Good effort guys! Next week my focus will shift more toward Rick T, Donald T, Chad S, William R, and Korey G. On a side note, I tried out Korey's rotoplay.com contest this week hoping to win a free entry to next years FFOC, but I think I came up short due to the big games by Garcia, Williams and Smith. I was in 15th place coming into tonight with Warrick Dunn still to play. Dunn was effective but didn't get many touches. I encourage you all to play his contest one week if you want something to cheer for in the games to come.

I need a drink. The second half was too wild and crazy to keep up with. I'm sure I missed some teams highs and lows, so share them with me if I left you out. If I'm around next Monday, I'll do another live game blog to update the most important elimination week in fantasy football history! Next week the final 15 Vegas participants will be decided! If I have time, I'll go thru all the rosters and see who some key players may be. This week, the two teams that had Antonio Bryant and the 3-5 who had Jeff Garcia made out big.

Be sure to spread the word about the FFOC so we can keep this contest going and get enough participants to keep the high payouts each and every year! Great job Stan, Seth and fanball.com!

2 comments:

aaron the aaron said...

Enjoying the blog, scott. good work.

Anonymous said...

now I stay tuned..