Tuesday, December 16

Professional

A lot of personalities came out during the first 15 weeks of the first annual Fantasy Football of Champions contest (www.ffoc.com) in which the first place prize is ONE MILLION DOLLARS. One of them is Chad S. from Omaha, NE.
As the Vegas bracket started, it became readily apparent that he had purchased a lot of teams and many of them were doing well. I believe he had 25 teams in all and I think 11 of them won their league championship. So even before the big payouts were determined, he had already made money off his championships and free entries for next year. Anything else would be gravy.
As the weeks went on, Chad became more vocal in the chat rooms. It was mainly to answer questions about him and his teams or to offer advice on who to start. I never saw him tug his own cap or pat his own back. I also never saw him make derogatory comments towards another person in the forums. Something that unfortunately has become a daily occurrence.
It turns out that Chad does this for a living, something which I didn't think was possible. But I guess if you study enough and get in enough nation wide contests, you could probably make some decent money with enough good breaks. Not only is he a professional when it comes to fantasy football, but he also appears to be a professional person (for the reasons stated above). I'm sure the other 13 owners in Vegas will pick his brain for knowledge and come away knowing he's a great guy as well as an excellent eye for talent/match-ups.
Since he will never brag about his success, let me do it for him. He has 2 teams in the final 15, which means worst case scenario, he gets a free weekend in Vegas with at least $7500 in winnings (on top of the money he made in his numerous league championship). The winnings may not end in Vegas. He also has 3 teams with a legitimate shot at finishing in the top 10 of the 1st and goal bracket. He currently has teams placed 6th, 16th and 38th. I have a feeling teams will have to score at least 160 points this week in the smaller brackets to have a chance at winning the secondary prizes.
Some people didn't give Chad credit stating that with 25 teams, how hard is it to get one team to the final 57, much less 2? I believe it's all skill in getting 2 teams to the top 57 out of 6660. Yes, your chances are mathematically much better having 25 teams compared to the 1 team that I bought. However, you still need to draft well, budget your free agent money well, and prepare for match ups that lie ahead when shaping your final roster in week 9. I'm sure there are people who bought as many and possibly more teams than Chad, but we never heard from them because their teams were eliminated a long time ago. Since Chad's teams had a lot of success and they are all named "Cocktails and Dreams nn", he was easily identified as an owner who had a lot of teams.
I have no vested interest or loyalties as to who wins the ONE MILLION DOLLARS this weekend, however if one of Chad's teams end up on top, I will know that because of his skill and professional attitude, he is very deserving of the title as the first million dollar winner in fantasy football history!

Good luck to everyone!

1 comment:

aaron the aaron said...

I would have no problem coming in second (or third) place to Chad. It seems like there are going to be quite a few good guys going out there to vegas. It should be fun.