This is the first week of the true FFOC contest when the cutline comes into play. This slowly weeds out teams each week until only 15 remain and earn a trip to Vegas for week 16 and have a chance to win a million dollars for playing fantasy football!
The Vegas bracket starts out with 1539 teams which all have a .06% chance to win a million dollars! Not very good odds, but much better than the lottery. Twenty percent of the teams will be eliminated this week leaving 1232. Those teams will see their odds increase to .08% chance of becoming a millionaire. Obviously owners with multiple teams like myself, will have slightly better odds.
I have 3 teams in the Vegas bracket, and all 3 easily advanced to next week, so I don't have to sweat out the currently cut line of 89.24. Tonight features 3 guys who can change the cut line dramatically. Matt Schaub, Andre Johnson and Chris Johnson all have favorable match-ups. My guess is the cut line will end up around 96.3 for the first week. If you're near the cut line and don't have anyone playing, good luck in the 1st and goal bracket.
As mentioned previously, all 3 of my Vegas teams will advance. It's nice to have a big week, but I'd rather it happen in week 13 or 14 where less than 50% of the teams advance. However, to win the million, it helps to have a higher weekly average, so I'm not going to complain about my big week. Here's how I stand going into tonight....
Jager Meister - 154.26 pts 16th place for the week
Jim Beam - 135.22 pts + Kris Brown tonight 131st for the week
Jose Cuervo - 134.28 pts 148th place for the week
If some late scores occur tonight, I may check the cut line to see who was affected by a missed field goal or a meaningless TD on the last play of the game. However, since it's only week 11 and 80% of the teams advance, I probably won't blog about the cut line this week. As the field gets smaller, I will give weekly blogs on the lucky advancers, the tough luck losers and other interesting facts about the people still alive for the million dollar first prize.
As nice as it would be to become the next millionaire, I just want to go to Vegas and enjoy the experience of having a team with a CHANCE to win. All the stories I heard about last years party makes me want to go even more. Maybe I'll have to scrape enough money together to make the trip regardless if one of my teams makes the final 15 or not?
Good luck to those who are sweating out the cut line tonight!
Monday, November 23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment