Thursday, November 26

Lineup Issues

Thanksgiving football is great, but it's a nightmare for fantasy football owners. Especially if your league locks the rosters at the kickoff of the first game for the week. This week, a lot of stars with good match ups are questionable for Sunday. Kurt Warner, Steven Jackson, Cedric Benson and Michael Turner are such players. If you have any of these players and you have a lesser player as a backup who plays today, what do you do?

I always go the safe route. If Marion Barber or Knowshown Moreno are my only backup for Turner, Jackson or Benson, I'll start the healthy player. If we find out Sunday that the stud rb isn't playing, then you're stuck with a zero at the position which is hard to overcome. If you can wait til Sunday and have a backup who also plays sunday, then it's an easier decision than if you have to decide right now which one to play.

One tip for FFOC players involves a move I had to do with one of my Vegas bracket teams. I have Kurt Warner and Aaron Rodgers. I made sure to put Warner at OP rather than QB so I have more flexibility as a replacement for Warner should he not play on Sunday. I have Leinart, but think he sucks, so I don't want to be forced to use him if Warner doesn't go. If you have someone who may not play due to injury, keep them in your OP spot (or on the bench) to increase your flexibility in case they don't play and you need to make a last minute adjustment.

I hope all my readers have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with touchdowns and long field goals! Safe travels and refreshing cocktails to all! Go Packers!

No comments: