Last week I went 1-2 in my League Championship games. One blowout win, one blowout loss, and the 3rd match went down to the two night games. I had Ray Rice, Todd Heap and a 4 point lead. The other team had Randy Moss and Reggie Wayne. Needless to say, there was very little suspense for either of us on Monday night.
There will be plenty of suspense this week, and the weeks to follow. Week 11 is here and it's the start of the Vegas Bracket cut line. Sure, there are other brackets with cutlines as well, but all we care about is the $1 MILLION dollar first prize of the Vegas bracket. As nice as the grand prize is, I only think about making the top 15 and enjoying an all expense paid trip to Vegas and partying it up with my fellow fantasy geeks...I mean gurus.
Unfortunately, week 10 not only saw me go 1-2 in my league championship games, but I also got hit with the injury bug. All 3 of my Vegas bracket teams have Ronnie Brown and two of them have Michael Turner. I had Ricky Williams as a backup in two leagues, which turned out nice for this week. I also have Jerious Norwood in all 3 leagues, which doesn't look like it will help me. Week 10 made some teams much stronger and other teams much weaker. Guys like Brown, Turner, Julius Jones, Dwayne Bowe are out and Cedric Benson is baned up. Justin Forsett, Ricky Williams, and Chris Chambers owners are probably excited about the injuries.
Fortunately, I am deep at RB in the leagues I have Turner, Brown and Benson. However, I'm now at the point where I can't play the match-up game and one more injury would be devastating. I'm sure others are far worse off than I am.
If you have two or more of the following players, I don't think you'll have to sweat the cut line this week:
Maurice Jones Drew
Andre Johnson
Chris Johnson
Matt Schaub
Calvin Johnson
Thomas Jones
I predict all will score at least 20 points this week and could be in the 30's. Ricky Williams scored a surprising 33.80 last night which has 2 of my 3 teams in good shape. Nobody really had a dud game last night to put owners on red alert.
I will be in Green Bay for the Packers game on Sunday so I won't be able to follow the cut line. I don't think the cut line gets too exciting until Monday night when it's do or die. Last year some people thought they were safely above going into Monday night only to see their defense record a -8.0 or have 3 players go off for 30+ points and vault numerous teams ahead of them. This week, Tennessee faces Houston on Monday night. Schaub and the Johnson's should move the cut line 5-10 points Monday night. Two of my teams don't have any Titans or Texans and I'm starting Kris Brown on my 3rd team. I hope I don't suffer from Lawrence Tynes syndrome. Last year, he missed a 4th quarter FG which dropped one or two people below the cut line. I love having the chance to get negative points! That way nobody's safe.
Good luck to the 1500+ teams that still have hopes to become a fantasy football millionaire!
Friday, November 20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment