Friday, November 13

Week 10 title matches

I am fortunate enough to have 3 of my 6 tier teams in the league championship this week. All are tier 2 teams, so there's no pressure in making the Vegas bracket. However, there is money on the line, or straight cash homey as a certain WR who I'm against in 2 leagues will say.
I'll be focusing on Aaron Rodgers and Michael Crabtree whom I have on all 3 of my teams. I also have Ronnie Brown and Nate Burleson on two of the teams. Brett Favre, Randy Moss and Sidney Rice appear on 2 of my opponents rosters. Hopefully ADP goes nuts and Minnesota doesn't throw much this week against Detroit.
In the conflict of interest column (players I both have and am playing against) are MJD, Ryan Longwell, and Ray Rice.

League #710 vs White Crane XVI

me: Rodgers, MJD, R.Brown, Crabtree (4.8 pts), Burleson, Boldin, Mendenhall, T.Gonzalez, Longwell, Vi-queens

Crane: Brady, D.Williams, P.Thomas, V.Jackson, Austin, Sims-Walker, (Addai/S.Rice/S.Smith), Da. Clark, Folk, Philly

Odd for a championship game, neither team will be starting 2 QB's. I like all 3 of my RB match-ups so I'm rolling the dice with Mendenhall at OP rather than use a QB (Cassel or Sanchez). Crane currently has Matt Schaub at OP who's on bye. The best players on his bench are Addai, S.Smith (car), and S.Rice. There's a possibility he may start both Addai and Rice and bench Sims-Walker.
I feel Brady and the Pats are going to tear up the depleted Colts secondary, so despite my good RB match-ups, I could fall behind early at the QB position. He has much better WR's than I do. I'll need monster weeks out of my RB's in order to win. With Crabtree not doing much, I may take out Mendenhall and go with one of my QB's. Cassel plays Oakland, which is a bad team but they have a solid defense. The Sanchise plays at home against Jacksonville which is a so/so match-up.

Prediction: Jager Meister - 116.3 White Crane - 145.2

League #623 vs Guinness Stingers

me: Warner, Turner, R.Brown, R.White, Burleson, Crabtree(4.8), Rodgers, Celek, Stover, Pitt

Stingers: McNabb, Forte (16.1), R.Rice, R.Moss, Marshall, Berrian, Favre, Gates, Longwell, 49ers (17.0)

The Thursday night game did not go well for me in this match-up. I'm already behind the 8 ball, but I am still confident my team will win this week. I have a huge advantage at QB. My rb's have pretty good match-ups but so does Ray Rice for him. As with most of my teams, I'm at a disadvantage at WR. I don't expect more than 4 pts out of Berrian, so that will help me. Carson Palmer's due for a bad game, so I'm hoping my Pittsburgh D can come close to what the 49ers did.

Prediction: Jose Cuervo - 124.2 Stingers - 101.6

League #777 vs Super System XXI

me: Rodgers, A.Peterson, R. Rice, Crabtree (4.8), Jennings, D. Jackson, Charles, Heap, Mare, Cin

SSXXI: Cutler (7.48), MJD, McCoy (may start Moreno), R.Moss, Wayne, S.Rice, Favre, Shockey, Feely, NO

Another league where I love my RB match-ups and have a huge advantage. I also benefited from Cutler's poor performance last night. Once again, I've chosen not to start a QB at the OP position. Eli is on bye and my other option is Vince Young. For now I have Jamal Charles at OP because I like the match-up, but he didn't get many touches last week, so I may change to Marion Barber III or possibly Young. As always, My wr's are the weak point on the team. I expect good things out of DJax, but that's about it.
I'm hoping the owner sticks with McCoy instead of using Moreno. His WR's are the only position giving him a chance to win this week.

Prediction: Jim Beam - 138.1 Super System - 88.7

I'd be happy if my predictions are correct and I win 2 out of my 3 championships. The goal is obviously to win all 3. Anything less than 2 would be a major disappointment. Bad luck to my opponents this week! I hope your players all get concussed, but return next week. =)

No comments: