Tuesday, December 23

post FFOC blues

Congratulation to Shane Schroeder from Fort Collins, CO on winning the first FFOC championship title and along with it, the million dollar first prize! I can only imagine the intensity in the room on Sunday as you watched all the games on the big screens side by side with your live scoring. What an adrenaline rush.
I don't think there was a lot of excitement on Monday as it appeared Shane had a comfortable lead the entire time. The excitement came in the fight for 2nd thru 10th. The drop off in money between these positions wasn't like the difference between 1st and 2nd, but to some, a few thousand dollars is still a big chunk of change. As it turns out Giantboys, the only team who had a chance to surpass Shane's Xfactor team going into Monday, was in the middle of the action til the bitter end. Chicago blocked a punt sending the game into overtime and moved him from 4th to 3rd, a $10,000 pay increase. When Forte caught an 14 yard pass he got within yards of 2nd place. Had he gained 3 or more yards on his two carries prior to the game winning field goal, Ken would have earned an extra $50,000 for passing Chad and moving into 2nd. What a time for the Packer defense to finally stop somebody!
Congratulation again to the 15 winners who had a blast in Vegas. I would also like to thank Jon, Aaron and Korey for their updates from Vegas during the weekend. I know some people had travel issues, but I'm glad everyone made it there safely and had a great time!

The biggest thanks goes to Stan, Seth, fanball, the many sponsors, and everyone else who helped put together the first FFOC season! I had a fun time as did most of the other owners. Your product was very good for a first year operation and I have no doubt things will continue to get better over time. Now that the foundation has been laid, people need to continue spreading the word so we can increase the number of entries each year and continue to be blessed with one owner becoming a millionaire each year.
I'm sure that just with current owners purchasing more teams next year, the number of entries will go up close to 10%. There will also be teams who didn't have success and will not be back, which is unfortunate, but expected. I'm interested to see how much national publicity comes out of this. I haven't seen much yet. One writeup in the paper can be viewed here: http://www.lvrj.com/sports/36620164.html

This will probably be my last blog for a while. I've had a great time writing about my FFOC experiences. Thanks again to Stan for giving me this forum to express my views and opinions. I got a late start, but hopefully next year, I can start blogging early with draft insights, updates, and predictions. I'm not worried that other owners will read it and possibly steal picks in front of me. I'm flexible enough when drafting and there are enough good players, that I should be able to build a solid team whether people know the players I like or not.

Thanks to all the readers who have been entertained by my posts. I hope your FFOC experience was made even better by reading the fun blogs posted by myself, Gisella and Dustin. Lastly, if you have any suggestions to improve the FFOC, feel free to email them to me (saw111671@yahoo.com) before the middle of January. I plan on combining my thoughts with some of those I've read in the forums and sending Stan a letter listing some ideas. Any improvements that a majority of the users want that can be implemented for 2009 will only make the FFOC even better.

Happy Festivus to all!

1 comment:

MaMaLike said...

MaMaLike said...
Haha, yeah. Sitting still is def not in my book. I just posted my loooong blog about my trip to vegas. It took so long because of the crazy holidays. Tomorrow is the big game! Wish I could be at this game. It's pretty crazy that now they're fighting for a chance to play in the superbowl after that last crazy game. Yes, that was the game I went to. And to add to more travel time...I am making the trip to Hawaii for the ProBowl. 3rd year in a row! Take care!!!!

MaMa