Thursday, November 6

Championship Preview

After we both squeaked into the championship as the 3rd and 4th highest scoring teams, it should be an interesting match-up. Rather than break it down by position this week, I'll just point out some key games and interesting tid bits.
Everyone's dream for a million continues tonight as the Broncos and Browns face off. For those sports investors out there who care, I love Denver and the Over tonight. In my big championship match, both of us have one insignificant player going. I have Eddie Royal, who has been OK after he burst on the scene week 1. OPT18 has Matt Prater who should rack up some decent kicker points. I just have to miss for more PAT's than FG's.
Last week, he was without three of his Saint stars. Bush is still out, but he gets Brees and Colston back. Since New Orleans can't run, I look for these 2 to have big games. In my main roster decision this week, I decided to start Devery Henderson as my #3 WR over Donnie Avery. My gut tells me to start Avery, but I want Henderson to hedge against a huge game by Brees. Both these receivers are hit or miss, so it's not like I'm benching Reggie Wayne in favor of Henderson so I think it's worth the gamble.
I'm interested to see who he starts at RB/Flex. Slaton has been a top RB, so I'm sure he will start him, even though he goes against a tough Raven defense. Last week he started Kevin Faulk and Leon Washington over Thomas Jones. Will he make that mistake again? The Jets are heavy favorites, which sets the team up for a lot of rushes. He also has the wild card Ryan Torain. As of now he's no the bench, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him inserted in the starting lineup. My guess is he uses 2 of these 4 running back and does not put his other QB (Joe Flacco) at the flex. Personally, I think it's dumb not to start 2 qb's in this setup, but what do I know?
The most interesting part of this weeks championship match is that I get to sit back and root against his guys on Sunday. My 3 big guns all play Monday night, so they will know what they need. If I'm down by less than 35 going into Monday night, I'll take my chances with Warner, Hightower and Gore. If I'm down 50-60, then I'll be worried. Either way, I'll have one eye on the game and one eye on the live scoring Monday night. The good news is he doesn't have any niners or cardinals on his roster, so once I grab the lead, only negative yards or int's can lose it for me.

No comments: