In 9 hours, the first elimination week of the Vegas bracket begins. The week will start with 666 participants and end with 457 (could be more if people tie for the last spot). I don't have anyone playing in tonights Jets-Pats game, so I'm hoping for a 6-3 final. The weather report is for rain and sleet, so it's possible.
I thought about torturing myself and putting all rosters in a spreadsheet to keep my own live scoring at home, but I decided not to waste my time. I'm guessing that Thomas Jones is the one playing tonight who will be on the most rosters. Cotchery, Coles, Moss and NE defense are other players I'll root against. I don't think Favre and Cassel will be on many teams since Warner, Cutler, Brees and Rodgers were the big qb's this year so far and qb's are what carry most teams. Yes, it helps to have stud rb's, but qb's are the key.
I'm sure on Sunday there will be many owners locked in on their computers and crackberrys trying to get standings updates after every big play or score. I won't be one of them. I will just go to the local establishment and cheer for the Packers and Chargers as always. I will keep an eye out for how my players are doing, but I won't worry about where I stand until after the games on Sunday.
As of now, I don't have anyone playing on Monday, so I will probably torture myself Monday and go thru the rosters of people behind me to see if I'm in jeopardy of not making the cut. I thought about starting Trent Edwards just so I'd have hope going into Monday, but he's been horrible lately and I don't trust the Buffalo weather this time of year. Cleveland's secondary is a great matchup, but I am going for lightning and starting Tony Romo. He is the guy who could lead me to the promised land because I doubt that he's on more than 10% of the rosters.
I look forward to being entertained in the FFOC forums tomorrow with posts of people who had players tonight and either think they are a lock to move thru to week 12 or are panicking because one of their players pulled a Braylon Edwards.
As of right now, my lineup is as follows:
QB - Warner and Romo
RB - Gore and Hightower
WR - Walter, Royal and Avery (may play Chambers instead of Walter)
TE - Witten
K - Elam
Def - Jax
Let the games begin!
Thursday, November 13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment