Monday, November 17

The week that was....so far

After a semi-cloudy weekend full of shots and football, I really don't have a lot to say about week 11 other than I'm super happy that the Packers destroyed the Bears and the Chargers had yet another frustrating loss (not to mention the refs added insult to misery by costing me money with their blown call).
I got the big game out of Gore that I anticipated. Romo was a bit of a disappointment, but I wasn't really sure how he'd do in his first game back. Warner threw for a lot of yards, but only 1 TD. Other than Gore, none of my players scored a TD, so I figured that there was a chance I wouldn't be back in the Vegas bracket next week.
I stumbled home around 11 pm and went to check out the great live scoring system. With no players left, I was at 88.78 points. I figured this wouldn't be enough, but there weren't a lot of big performances this week, so I was still hopefully. I went to the cut line, and it was around 91. Just short. =( I'm sure the cut line will go up a few more points with many owners having players who are going tonight.
I knew I didn't have a good enough team to go all the way, but I hoped that my good match-ups would get me through at least one week. Now it's off to the first and goal bracket, which I have no chance to win unless somehow I'm the only one who scores over 200 pts in week 16. My week 1-10 avg is only around 107 and i'm off to a slow start for the next scoring period. Anything can happen with one week's score being 1/3 of your total, but I won't keep my fingers crossed.
I enjoyed catching up with the FFOC forums to see owner reactions from yesterday. I must give thanks to Ryan R, with whom I've had many debates with in the forums, for wishing me luck with Romo and Witten last night. It wasn't enough though. Also to Iceman, who will have to sweat out tonight's game to see if Braylon Edwards remembers how to catch the ball. His blog has been enjoyable to follow and he remains optimistic about making the cut. I don't like his chances, but with only being 10 points from the cut, it's quite possible that Edwards will get him over the hump. I'll definitely be rooting for Braylon.
I'm sure the forums will begin to thin out as owners lose their chance at a million. There will probably be owners with sour grapes if they barely miss the cut because of this play or that play or some player getting injured for them. There will also be teams who had a good week 11 and they'll get their hopes up thinking they can win it all, only to have their team tank it one of the next few weeks.
I'll be interested to see the excitement of each owner who advances to the latter rounds. There may be even more posts of nervous owners wondering who they should start because they pressure of putting out a winning lineup will cloud their judgment. Money does crazy things to people.
With my chance at all the notoriety of being declared the fantasy football champ of the world all but gone, it's time to start concentrating on my local leagues. All but one of my local teams are doing well, so it should be another profitable season for me.

Good luck to all who advanced and those who need big performances tonight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan,
Great blog, have fllowed it sporadically throughout the season. Just saw your latest comment in the threads and if you want to cheer for someone I'dbe glad to have u. (Vegas plane ticket if I do make it to vegas [long shot as it may be]).
Names Jason and my team is Tigers1, split with a friend of mine.
Team is:
P. Manning
Gore
T. Jones
Boldin
Evans
L.Moore
Shockey(i think this week)
Cutler
Josh Brown
Tampa
Bench:
Bulger
Kevin Smith (Debating him for Jones this week?)Probably not though
Duece, and S. Morris
D. Henderson and Bruce
Miller
Folk
Jets D
Take a look tell me what u think i should do this week if you're bored or interested.
email is bradshawmaryellen@yahoo.com, (my wife's)