I have money in the bank and now it's on to the Vegas bracket. The 666 league winners will be in this bracket competing for the ONE MILLION dollar grand prize. I am not one who will look ahead at my chances to go all the way. Instead, I just plan to take it one week at a time. This week, the top 466 scores (70%) will advance. Right now, that's my only goal...make it to week 12.
For the eliminator style bracket, I will post my key players and predicted busts for the week. Since the top players will be on multiple rosters, there will be 2-4 players each week which make/break teams. Here are my "key performers" for week 12.
Monster Matchups:
QB Jay Cutler (Den) - I normally don't expect players to have monster games back to back, but Brees lit up Atlanta last week and without a running game, Cutler will be throwing early and often. The yards will definitely be there on Sunday. Just hope he gets 2+ TD's to go with those yards.
QB Aaron Rodgers (GB) - The weather won't be great, but the Bears secondary is horrible. Kerry Collins and his no name WR's were able to tear them apart, so what do you think Rodgers and a very good WR corp will do? As long as there's no rain/snow, expect a big game from #12.
RB Frank Gore (SF) - I'm happy to have him. Even though it's a short week and he was banged up at the end of the game last night, he is set to have a monster week. San Fran finally appears to want to run the ball under Singletary and they are at home against St Louis who appears to have given up. Thomas Jones and the Jets ran all over them last week, and Gore and crew are much more explosive than Thomas Jones. The week before that, Tim Hightower ran for 100+ and a TD.
RB Matt Forte (Chi) - The Packers are banged up and have had trouble stopping the run. Kyle Orton says he'll play, so I'm sure Chicago will want to run even more and put as little stress on his sore ankle as possible. That combined with poor weather should warrant 25+ carries for Forte.
RB Michael Turner (Atl) - He was a fantasy question mark for me to start the season, but has proven to be a very good signing for the Falcons. He faces a Bronco defense who is without their 2 best linebackers. Even with DJ Williams and Nate Webster, their defense has a lot of holes in it. Look for Turner to crack the century mark and score at least twice.
RB Brian Westbrook (phi) - Even though they are on the road, this game should be a blowout. Westbrook may rest the 4th quarter, but he'll already have 130+ total yards and a few TDs. Cincinnati is horrible and only look like an NFL team because Detroit is still in the league.
Stud players who could struggle Week 11:
QB Phillip Rivers (SD) - no QB looks forward to face Pittsburgh's blitzing defense. Add to that the fact San Diego is traveling cross country yet again, and the weather in the midwest has been cold and windy...not ideal for passing.
QB Brett Favre (NYJ) - I don't think many teams in the Vegas bracket are playing Favre, but he still makes my list. Bad weather and Bill Belicheck are the reasons. In week 2, Favre barely scored 10 points and I don't expect much more this week.
RB Maurice Jones Drew (Jax) - He carried a lot of teams in the league championship, but still only managed 11 carries. If he doesn't find the endzone, he has been useless this year. Don't expect him to find the end zone against Tennessee, although it is Tennessee's second straight road game which often tires out a team.
RB Brandon Jacobs (NYG) - Just like the Giants, he's been on a roll. The Ravens defense will be their toughest task so far and without speed, it's hard to have success against the speedy Ravens defense. If the Giants are going to move the ball it will have to be thru the air.
RB Adrian Peterson (Min) - A stud among studs, but he must leave his home turf in favor of Tampa's natural grass. Few defenses have been as stingy as Tampa this year, and look for them to put 8 in the box and make Gus Ferrotte beat them. I still laugh every time I say "Gus Ferrotte beat them".
Notice that I didn't list any WR's. Receivers are so unpredictable so I didn't even attempt to guess. I'd love to hear your ideas on who you think will have a monster game and which fantasy stud will fall on his face?
Tuesday, November 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey.. positive posts about my guys are encouraged lol. And I do have Cutler rolling out there this week. It was when you told me I would regret benching Thomas Jones that I felt you put the Jinx on me lol
Post a Comment