Monday, November 10

In game log

7:39 pm cdt - Opening kickoff is here, and Rossum takes it to the house. A good sign as this sets up the game for SF to run the ball and use Gore while Arizona throws the ball in order to come back.

8:20 pm cdt - One quarter is in the books, and I'm more than 1/4 of the way to my goal of 21.69 points. 8.6 down and 13.09 to go keyed by a 21 yard run by Gore to end the quarter.

8:29 pm cdt - Looks like I may be able to go to sleep early. Warner throws a TD pass to Boldin putting me 6.15 points away from my first FFOC league championship. Now I can afford to have one of my players get injured and still have plenty of time to get the points needed to win.

9:14 pm - It's now half time and I am 1.19 points away from bringing the title home to title town. On a side note, I'm quite upset over the inconsistent officiating in the league. Yesterday, ADP takes his helmet off twice after plays in key moments of the Packer-Queen game, and no penalty. Vernon Davis apparently does it after his TD, and gets flagged for it. Did the refs in the Packer game not know the difference between a purple helmet and a white do-rag? Add that to the fact the zebras almost cost my second favorite team...the Chargers...a second victory with a phantom interference call. The refs can be against my teams all they want as long as I get paid back with a trip to Vegas in 6 weeks!

9:28 pm - Pop the corks...I now have the lead as the Cards are inside the 10 yard line to open the half. Only a ton of int's with no more yards from Warner, Gore and Hightower can stop me now. Time to start preparing for next week. Great year Michael. Good luck in the 1st and goal bracket!

10:04 pm - end of the 3rd quarter. With my match in hand, it's time to start rooting for fellow blogger "ice man". Coming into tonight, he had a 2.78 point lead with Warner going against Gore for his opponent. It's looking good for him as Warner currently sits at 18.64 compared to Gore's 9.4. Ice Ice baby!

Final Score: GoPackGo 114.32 - OPT18 95.38

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok Im going to ask you a huge favor and its going to sound silly.. but PLEASE no more jinx comments on my blog! You are talking to the most superstitious person on the planet and I knew exactly what Thomas Jones was going to do after you said that and I left him on the bench lol. Until Kurt Warner won it for me I felt like you put the Jinx on my team.. high scoring and all.

So.. no more of that.. please! I'm the guy that wore a wrist band on my left wrist every basketball game for good luck.. ate the same foods and did the same things on gameday. Hell.. I have eaten Golden Corral every Sunday morning by myself while my team has been on this 11-0 run and I will continue to do so lol.

Congrats on your win! Hopefully I get to meet up with you in Vegas!!