Oh what a week it was. Most went as predicted, however my 'sure thing' of finishing in the top 5 is in serious doubt. If I fall out of the top 5, then I will be in a must win situation next week. One of the 10-4 teams went 0-2 to eliminate himself, so now it's a 3 team race with 1 week and 1 game to go.
The team I picked to win the league, CC's Desperados, went 2-0 (assuming Chris Johnson and Rob Bironas combine for at least 1/2 point) to raise their overall record to 12-4. If I go 0-2, I too will be 0-2. The third team in the race (OPT) will also go 2-0 taking first place back over with a 11-3 record.
Next week, I play OPT, so I must defeat them. It's very possible that all 3 teams will end up 13-5 and then it will come down to points. Right now, CC has a 40-50 point cushion. One thing I have going for me is that OPT will be without Brees, Bush and Colston. His only other QB is Orlovsky and he only has 3 FA dollars left. I am going to make sure he doesn't get to pick up a decent QB. Desperado's plays pistols, which is an active team, so he's not guaranteed to win.
I'll give an official standings and point situation after tonight's game.
As for staying in the top 5...I'm currently 4th, but as stated earlier, Desperado's will pass me. That leaves one team (Marauders) who has a good chance to pass me knocking me down to 5th. I am currently 20.88 points ahead of him/her and I have nobody playing tonight. Marauders has Manning, Wayne and Vinatieri. I need Tennessee to show the nation why they are undefeated and have one of the leagues best defenses! I give myself a 40% chance of staying in the top 5. If I do, then a win against OPT next will will guarantee me a spot in the finals and if I lose, I can still make it if Desperado's takes a fall.
Monday, October 27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sounds like your league is as exciting as mine! I'd like to wish you good luck tonight but I actually need Wayne and Clark to have decent games lol.
Post a Comment