Thursday, October 30

Week 9 preview

In a match where the winner is most likely guaranteed a playoff spot, neither team will be at full strength. I'm missing my only RB (Gore) and he's missing a parade of Saints (Brees, Bush, Colston).

QB - This is where I have to win the game. I've carried 5 qb's all year because they score the most points. With Brees being off, I tried to monopolize the qb's without comprising my final roster by using my remaining free agent dollars to start a qb carousel on my roster. I decided not to pick up Joe Flacco since I needed depth at RB, so OPT can pick him up if desired.

GoPackGo - Kurt Warner (19.6) and Trent Edwards (15.4)
OPT18 - Dan Orlovsky (12.3)
ADVANTAGE:
GoPackGo

RB - I'm left with a bunch of semi-productive part timers. I debated picking up Fargas since he'll get 17+ carries, but he hasn't produced. I dropped Julius Jones because he has been fighting with Holmgren and he prefers Maurice Morris. Hopefully McFadden misses another week with his toe injuries.

GoPackGo - Maurice Morris (8) and Tim Hightower (4)
OPT18 - Steve Slaton (5), Darren McFadden (3) and Thomas Jones (8)
ADVANTAGE:
OPT18

WR - I used my free agent control to grab the two top FA wr's who I will start this week. I decided not to keep Breaston on my roster now that Boldin is back. I hope I don't regret this move. It was between Breaston and Henderson for my final roster spot. OPT has Santana Moss currently on his bench, who may end up making an impact if McFadden doesn't play.

GoPackGo - Kevin Walter (6), Eddie Royal (13), Donnie Avery (6)
OPT18 - Greg Jennings (15), Laverneous Coles (7) and Kevin Curtis (18)
ADVANTAGE:
OPT18

TE - I'm heading out of town tonight, so to be safe, I'm starting the newly acquired Donald Lee over the injured Jason Witten. I think Witten will play, but I can't afford a zero.

GoPackGo - Donald Lee (2)
OPT18 - Dallas Clark (8)
ADVANTAGE:
OPT18

K - I decided to carry 2 kickers for the playoff run to be safe.

GoPackGo - Jason Elam (7)
OPT18 - Matt Prater (7)
ADVANTAGE: PUSH

Def - As stated in the earlier post, I screwed up on my free agent biddings and dropped Arizona instead of Washington. I should be playing Arizona's DST this week.

GoPackGo - Washington (4)
OPT18 - Minnesota (8)
ADVANTAGE:
OPT18

Final prediction:
GoPackGo - 85
OPT18 - 91.3

Hmmmmm...overall, I think I should win this week, but according to my predictions, I won't. Hopefully I underestimated the TD's out of my RB's and WR's. I only give Royal credit for scoring one this week.
I'm heading to Nashville in the morning for the Packer-Titan game. I'm not going to get to watch the live scoring and I will only have a guess as to how many points I need out of my Redskin DST on Monday to possibly make the playoffs. I'll post a blog on Tuesday telling about my trip and how week 9 turned out.

No comments: