I'm getting a late start on my FFOC blog, but better late than never. We've just completed week 6, so by now teams know if they are pretenders, contenders, or eliminated. Fortunately, I'm a contender. However, much like the first place Bills and Titans, I haven't beaten anyone.
This week starts the 3 week finale which finds me playing the team tied with me in first, and the two teams which are just 3 games back. In essence, I will control my own playoff destiny. That part I like. The part I don't like is my upcoming week 7 match-up against Cincy Tradition.
I would like nothing more than to burst Ryan's playoff hope bubble, but it won't be easy. I've ridden the success of my qb's so far, and my two best ones(Romo and Warner) are out for week 7. Fortunately, I recognized that this is a QB weighted scoring system and have loaded up at that position, so I have D. Anderson and Pennington available to play this week. There are also some good options on the free agent list, so I plan on picking one of them up to start with Anderson.
Most of the active teams have used up their free agent dollars with crazy bids like:
week 1: 15 on James Hardy and 25 on Kerry Collins
week 2: 73 on Matt Cassell
week 3: 36 on Amani Toomer and 53 on Darren Sproles
I guess you can't take your $100 home with you, but outrageous bids like this just puts your team in a bind in case you get injuries or have bye week troubles. Everyone has their own theories, so I'm not saying mine is correct.
Tomorrow, I'll list some players I like and don't like this week due to match-ups. Hopefully it will help you make some lineup decisions.

No comments:
Post a Comment