Normally, I go with my own thoughts and instincts, but my mind has been spinning this week and I do not know what to do. I will allow my peers to offer up advice on what to do with my roster, as I have so many marginal players that I am not sure who to keep and who to cut. I am currently tied for 2nd and play the first place team this week. If I win my match by at least 10 points, I move on to the finals. Simple as that. I can make it other ways, but this is the easiest.
Roster as is: QB - Romo, Warner, B.Johnson, Edwards, Pennington, Collins
RB - Gore (bye), J.Jones, Hightower, Dunn, Ke. Smith
WR - Chambers (bye), Walter, De. Henderson (bye), Breaston
TE - Witten (injured)
K - K.Brown
Def - Arizona, Washington
I basically have control of the free agents this week, so here are the pickups I am definitely doing:
Derek Anderson for Brad Johnson
Mewelde Moore for Kerry Collins
Donnie Avery or Eddie Royal for Devry Henderson
Pittsburgh for Washington
Maurice Morris for BJGE
D.Lee/J.Carlson for Tim Hightower (or another rb)
I should most likely get a 2nd kicker. I am leaning towards giving up the good match-ups with the arizona defense and just playing pittsburgh the rest of the way even though they play tougher teams. I also could use more depth at rb and wr.
Some possible free agents are Justin Fargas, Ricky Williams, Kevin Faulk, Cedric Benson, Greg Camarillo, Reggie Williams, Rashied Davis, Donnie Avery, Justin Gage, Reggie Brown, Isaac Bruce, Matt Jones (suspension?). Who will help me most between these free agents and guys like Warrick Dunn, Kevin Smith, Tim Hightower, Chad Pennington, Trent Edwards?
The reason I am picking up DAnderson (also thought about Flacco) is because the guy I am playing only has Orlovsky at qb. Other FA qbs are Anderson, Flacco, Wallace, Thigpen and Fitzpatrick. I picked up Collins yesterday so I could cut him this week and block another QB from my opponent. Cleveland has been good at home and Baltimore does not pass much, so if my opponent gets Flacco, I am not too concerned.
With Gore on bye, I plan on starting M.Morris and Moore at RB. Hightower does not get enough touches, so that is why I plan on cutting him. Dunn was hot for a while, but is currently banged up. Cedric Benson has bad matchups the next 4-5 weeks. Fargas is my other option to pick up and start this week. Julius Jones is in Holmgrens dog house, but I plan on keeping him along with Morris so I will have at least 1 starting rb to go with Gore after this week. Any opinions, suggestions on what I should do? I am leaning towards adding Camarillo as I feel you need a surprise player to get hot in order to separate yourself from other teams. I appreciate any/all input.
Tuesday, October 28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment