Thursday, October 16

week 7 match-up vs Cincy Tradition

In a game which features a lot of week day trash talk, playoff implications are on the line. A win by Cincy can move them within a game or two of the playoffs. A loss, and he'll have a tough time catching me, so he'll have to hope pistols stumbles the last few weeks.

QB - With my top 2 qb's out this week (Romo and Warner...I realize Romo may play, but I won't start him even if he does), I had to pick up Brad Johnson and Trent Edwards. Johnson is security for Romo and Edwards because of his great match-up this week.

GoPackGo - Derek Anderson (13 points) and Trent Edwards (19 pts)
Cincy - Kyle Orton (15 points) and Jeff Garcia (9 pts)

Advantage: GoPackGo

RB - I made yet another pickup for a starter at this position. Julius Jones has been good for me most of the year, but he will struggle to get yards against Tampa so I picked up Warrick Dunn who has been getting plenty of touches and Mewelde Moore who may start against the Bengals. Gore and Jackson have tough matchups, but both see 20+ touches every game, so they'll still get their points. Brown has been great, but faces a stingy Raven defense.

GoPackGo - Frank Gore (11 points) and Mewelde Moore (13 points)
Cincy - Stephen Jackson (15 pts) and Ronnie Brown (7 points)

Advantage: Draw

WR - The weakest area of my team. Seems like the guys I bench always score more than the ones I start. ADP has a history of destroying the Bears, so I don't see Berrian doing much. However, Burress is still a top 5 ffl receiver and will be tough to stop.

GoPackGo - Kevin Walter (9 points), Eddie Royal (4 points) and Devry Henderson (4 pts)
Cincy - Plaxico Burress (17 points), Calvin Johnson (7 points) and Bernard Berrian (3 points)

Advantage: Cincy

TE - Both teams have stud te's. Cooley hasn't been as good as past years, and Wittens production is a bit unknown since he'll most likely have a new qb throwing to him.

GoPackGo - Jason Witten (7 points)
Cincy - Chris Cooley (8 points)

Advanage: Draw

K - Once again, I plan to make a pick up as it appears Tynes will resume as the Giants kicker. Therefor, I will pick up Kris Brown for Carney since Houston plays the Lions.

GoPackGo - Kris Brown (7 points)
Cincy - Nate Kaeding (4 points)

Advantage: GoPackGo

Def - Both teams defenses face weak offenses on the road. I predict both will hold their opponent under 13 points.

GoPackGo - Pittsburgh (13 points)
Cincy - Tennessee (13 points)

Advantage: Draw

Adding up the predictions, I come up with a predicted score of.....
Cincy Tradition: 98
GoPackGo: 100

The recent lineup change to put in Garcia instead of JT OSullivan gives me the slight advantage for now.

No comments: