Rosie Perez said in "White Men Can't Jump" that "...sometimes when you win, you really lose and sometimes when you lose, you really win. And sometimes you just tie." This week, I took my first h2h loss, but in the grand scheme, I won this week.
Going into tonight, I have the second most points in the league and I only see 1 team that can pass me, so I'll go 1-1. The team I was tied with at 11-1 will lose both unless Matt Prater scores over 24 points, so that's not going to happen. One of the teams tied at 8-4 will go 1-1 or 0-2, so my magic number got smaller even though I lost my heads up match.
I was out of town much of the weekend and returned home Sunday afternoon. I went online at halftime of the noon game to see how I was doing in my much anticipated match with Cincy Tradition. Mewelde Moore had 2 td's and my other big pickup, Trent Edwards, was having a good game for the team, but nothing spectacular for me since he wasn't getting the touchdowns. When I first looked at the score, I was down by 7-12 points which wasn't bad considering I had 3 more players yet to play than he did.
After the noon games, he had a 17 point lead with a qb and wr yet to play. I had a qb, 2 wr and my kicker left. Mid way through the 3rd quarter of the 3 pm games, I peaked at the scores to see if I was gaining any ground. I saw I was still down by about 8, which wasn't bad. In the next few minutes as I went to some gamecasts, my hope for the upset were squashed. Suddenly Calvin Johnson gets a 96 yard TD and the 2 point conversion to boot. That was an additional 17 points that I'd have to make up and he still had a full game left out of a qb (Garcia).
I went to our league forum to concede the match, when I see the following post from Cincy Tradition:
" Game, set and match becasue of Calvin Johnson. Thanks for playing, who's next?"
I couldn't have said it better myself. It was time to hope I stayed in the top 5 to at least go 1-1. Going into tonight, I still have the second most points for the week and I only see one team who has a chance of passing me, so the 1-1 record is safe.
My first edition of Sleepers/Busts turned out OK. None of the sleepers had a bust game, but a few of my Busts had solid weeks (Tony Gonzalez, Phillip Rivers).
Monday, October 20
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment