This week I decided to start playing a juggling act with my roster. As stated in a previous post, I pretty much control the free agent bidding in my league as the active owners all have less than $10 left and I have over $50. Therefor, I decided to roll the dice and drop some good players this week. My intention was to get lesser talent players who have a better match-up this week, and then next week, I can pick up the good players again since nobody will out bid me.
1> I dropped my 3rd round pick Derek Anderson in favor of Chad Pennington. Pennington has been solid and has games in the next few weeks against Seattle, Denver and Oakland. If Anderson gets hot, I can pick him up again since his upside is greater than other qb's I have (B.johnson and T.edwards)
2> I dropped the Steelers defense. They are the 5th highest scoring defense. However, the only good match-up they have coming up is week 12 against Cincinnati. I will most likely go with Pitt and Arizona on my final roster. However, I picked up Washington for this week since they play at Detroit, which I consider as a favorable match-up.
3> I also dropped the 5th rated kicker...Mason Crosby. He is on bye this week and I wanted an extra roster spot for Kevin Smith, as my rb's are weak and will be really thin next week with Gore on bye. I will pick Crosby back up next week when I set my final roster.
4> I almost did the same swap by picking up Antonio Bryant and dropping eddie Royal. Bryant could have a very big week, but I didn't think I'd start him, so I didn't pick him up. I thought about picking him up just to lock other teams from getting him. Then next week, I'd pick Royal back up and drop my weakest remaining WR. I chose not to do this and one of my rivals got Bryant. Hopefully this non-move doesn't hurt me.
I'm sure teams will learn from this year, and save their FA dollars next year. Are other leagues in the same position as mine, with most owners spending most of their money already? I never saw a free agent worthy of a high bid, so I usually just picked up $1 players after the free agent bidding to try and improve my roster. That's why I have a lot of money left over now and can pick and choose who I want. I thought I was going to grab Pierre Thomas this week, but with McCallister healthy, Thomas isn't guaranteed touches so I went with Smith instead who has more upside.
Thursday, October 23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment