Sometimes being clever will hurt you, and this week it caught up to me again. I had control over the free agent bidding in the league this week, and I took advantage of it by getting the wr's and rb's I wanted, some of whom will be starting for me. I got Avery, M.Moore, E.Royal and M.Morris. I dropped Royal last week since he was on bye figuring I could pick him up this week. That worked, but the other "player" I did that for, didn't work out.
Last week I dropped Pittsburg's D since I wasn't playing them and needed a roster spot. I figured I would pick them up this week. I bid 4 on them, which is more than any playoff contender could spend. However, the 5th place team picked them up for $11. Not a big deal to me, because they don't have great matchups in the coming weeks. However, I didn't plan for this, so I dropped the better of my 2 defenses, arizona, and am now stuck with Washington the rest of the year. I will have to pick up a second defense, since Washington is off next week. Oops.
Arizona has very good match-ups coming up, but they really don't hold any teams below 17 because of Warner's turnovers, so I didn't mind dropping them. However, it's a better option than Washington.
You win some and you lose some. My gambler mentality may end up biting me. We'll see.
Thursday, October 30
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment