Sunday, December 13

Adrenalize

Def Leppard's album cover couldn't capture picked the perfect word to describe today. The farther we get into the Vegas cut line, the more intense it gets. Today was absolutely crazy with all the huge fantasy days for players such as Chris Johnson, DeSean Jackson, Andre Johnson, Ray Rice, and many others.

This morning I made 3 changes to my top team (Jim Beam) and I'm always skeptical about last minute changes after over analyzing everything. I had hoped that 2 of the 3 worked, but they didn't. Thanks to a long 3rd quarter TD run by Charles and very few touches by Rice in the 2nd half, two of my moves proved out to be a wash (Charles for Rice and Jennings for S.Smith (nyg)). However, the 3rd one may end up haunting me for a long time. Since Vince Young was set on playing, I benched Eli for him. This cost me almost 20 points. Young got hurt in the 3rd quarter, so the difference may not have been as great if they both stayed healthy.

Last week Jermichael Finley came to my rescue. This week it is DeSean Jackson. His monster night puts me 4 points above the unofficial cut line. I know that the Eagles defense is being shorted 4 points right now and there are probably other scoring issues which will move the cut line slightly. I'm not too worried about being passed up right now as I have Crabtree playing. About 20 people have to pass me, so if I get at least 5 out of Crabby I'll be confident that I can do this all over again next week. I have not looked at the match ups yet, but I'm hoping that Tennessee has a tough match up to slow down all the Chris Johnson owners.

This contest is so awesome! It's even more fun this year now that I'm still alive with one week before Vegas. However, I was still pumped up each week last year when I was out early. I got a friend to join this year, and barring a 30 point week out of Vernon Davis, he will be eliminated this week. He said that he's already addicted to this contest and the cut line. No matter how strong or weak your team is, to think that you're still alive to win a million dollars playing fantasy football is just crazy! I think about it constantly and can't sleep. I'm sure I'll spend all night studying the teams with players remaining to ensure my confidence that my spot in the final 97 is safe.

If tomorrow night's game has as many big plays as the Eagles/Giants game did tonight, then I'll be nervous. I'm sure the owners who thought they were safe at 130+ were cringing with every DeSean Jackson score as the cut line kept going up and up and up. It moved over 20 points in this game. I knew it was a high scoring week, but I never envisioned a cut line being over 130 and it may end up over 135. Just insane!

If my team continues on a roll and makes the top 15, I will have to sport 2 jerseys now. D-Jax on Saturday and Finley on Sunday. Who will step up for me next week to be the 3rd jersey I need to purchase?

No comments: