Sunday, December 13

Pressure

As I'm sure most of the Las Vegas owners are, I am frantically double checking my lineups and making last second changes as I second guess myself.

My best team remaining is Jim Beam because I have a lot of good options and can play match ups each week. However, having good depth can also be a detractor as you may over think things and end up with plenty of points on the bench. Here are my tough decisions on the Jim Beam team.

RB2 - Ray Rice vs Detroit or Jamal Charles vs Buffalo

Originally, Rice was a no brainer because of the easy match up and he's been putting up over 100 yds of offense every week. Upon final review, I went with Charles because of Buffalo's terrible run defense and Willis McGahee. Rice only gets a chance to score long TD's, which hurts his value. Kansas City should be running plenty, so both Charles and Rice should get 20+ touches. However, Charles' ability to get goal line carries put him ahead for me. For the record Adrian Peterson is my #1 back.

WR - DeSean Jackson, Steve Smith (NYG), Michael Crabtree, Greg Jennings, Santana Moss

I'm starting D-Jax for sure. His upside is what I need and Philly will be throwing the ball a lot this week. I had Smith in the lineup because I had Eli Manning at OP for a while. I decided to replace him with Jennings because of his good game last week and the Bears weak secondary. It appears it won't be too windy in Chicago, so the Packers should have no problem moving the ball and scoring points. Crabtree also made my starting lineup because it's his first time to shine in prime time. He gets plenty of targets each game and Arizona's pass defense is in the bottom half of the league. It's also nice to have an opportunity to make the cut on Monday night. Moss was never a consideration.

OP - Vince Young or Eli Manning

Because I won't be around to see late scratches, I was going to play it safe with Eli (and in turn start Steve Smith). However, Young has the better match up and I love running qb's in this format. Young getting 30 yards rushing is like another 75 yards passing each week. He also has the ability to get rushing td's. I fear he won't do much running or throwing against the lowly Rams to save his ailing knee, but I'm going with his upside. Eli has a lot of stinker games and Philly has a solid pass defense. I'm staying with the hot hand in Vince Young.

I hope at least 2 of these 3 turn out the right move. I hate over thinking things, but I can't help it. I'm sure I'm not the only owner in this boat.

Bad luck to my competitors! I need to get at least 1 of my 2 teams to next week.

No comments: