As mentioned in my previous blog, I will have to wait longer than most to find out if I have a good chance to finish in the top 15 and get a spot in Vegas. Not only do I not have anyone playing in the Thursday or Saturday night game, but I will probably only have 3 players going in the noon games on Sunday...Ray Rice or Jamal Charles..my kicker...and DeSean Jackson.
The Packers game will be huge for me as I could have up to 4 players in that 3:15 kilt in Pittsburgh. I don't like the match up, however I may end up putting all me eggs in that basket. Rodgers and Finley will be in my lineup for sure and I may also play Jennings and the Packers DST.
My hope is that my Packers and Adrian Peterson (Sunday night) will put me within reasonable striking distance going into Monday night. I don't see a whole lot of teams having players going Monday night, so I should know what score I have to shoot for out of my QB/WR combo. I'm still undecided which way I want to go on Monday night.
I have Manning/Smith and Campbell/Moss. The smart way to go is to start the same qb/wr combo rather than mix teams. However, I may still start the Redskins combo as well as Steve Smith giving me 3 players in that game. What makes my decision tough is that I grade Campbell much higher than Eli this week, but Smith ahead of Moss. Campbell has been playing great now that they've gone to a short passing game. Because of the new offensive philosophy, Santana Moss has been invisible. He's come on lately, but still hasn't been finding the endzone or the 100 yd mark. I could really be nuts and Bench Rodgers and have 4 guys going Monday night with Manning/Smith/Campbell/Moss however I don't see I high scoring game so there wouldn't be much value in that. Rodgers will be in my starting lineup.
I love having QB/WR combos and that's why this was my favorite team back in September and it's proven to withstand the grind of the vegas bracket. I lost out to Dwayne (Super System) in my league championship, but it was a tier 2 team so I still made the Vegas bracket.
I can't recall ever asking another person's opinion on 'who to start', but this week with so much on the line and so many even players, I will be asking trusted sources what they would do. I will make my own decision in the end, but someone may have a good angle that I didn't think of on a certain player or match up.
When you're looking at the live scoring after the noon games, don't just concentrate on the teams on the first page. Look for Jim Beam at the bottom of the list because I'll still have 420 minutes left to be played! Listen for my footsteps.
Tuesday, December 15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment