Saturday, December 19

Too early to tell

Two games are now in the books and so far we have...
THE GOOD: Drew Brees only scored 13.32 pts
THE BAD: Big games out of popular players such as Dallas Clark and Miles Austin
THE UGLY: The weather on the east coast which is where 80% of my team plays.

I've just checked the weather forecasts for the games tomorrow and Monday. Even though it will be cold in Pittsburgh, the Packers pass game should not be affected much as there should be minimal winds. However, Philadelphia is looking at 15-25 mph winds, which I don't like. I thought about sitting DeSean Jackson because of this, but I predict a blow out with the niners going cross country on a short week, so hopefully D-Jax can capitalize with another long TD or two or 5.

Seattle is supposed to have rain showers, so I've decided to go with Kris Brown as my kicker. He can have great games with a lot of long fg's, but he can also miss a lot. I'll take my chances that he's accurate in the dome tomorrow.

My starting lineup is like this:
Aaron Rodgers @ Pit
Adrian Peterson @ Car
Ray Rice vs Chi
DeSean Jackson vs SF
Greg Jennings @ Pit
Santana Moss vs NYG (may switch to Smith Monday night if I'm sitting good and just need 6+ out of my WR
Jermichael Finley @ Pit
Jason Campbell vs NYG
Kris Brown @ StL
Green Bay @ Pit

I have a double good reason to cheer for my green and gold this weekend. If the Packers get shut down by the Steel Curtain, so will my chances of getting the FFOC to pay for my trip to Vegas as a final 15 member.

As I see it, the following teams should feel pretty good about their chances of making it to Vegas:

The Eraser - current leader with 84.92 points and has good match ups left with R. Rice, Charles and Andre Johnson. He could easily reach the 160 point mark which will safely get them in.

NYTCExpress2 - 72.42 pts out of 3 players. Has Ray Rice and Adrian Peterson who should each score at least 16 points. I also like Aaron Rodgers and OchoCinco's match ups

There are 3-6 other teams in pretty good shape, but still need a few players to step up with above average games. Even though I'm currently 97th out of 97, my dream is still alive. All I ask is that I have a realistic chance going into Monday night's game. It's definitely going to be an intense Sunday for me! GO PACK GO! GO PACK GO!

No comments: