Everyone has their own 'what if' stories as there are so many plays on a weekly basis that are out of the norm and influence fantasy scoring. At the end of the year, everyone feels it's necessary to post a top 10 list about everything. Here are 10 key plays/reasons why I missed the top 15 and a free trip to Vegas by 2.4 stinkin points!
10> Kris Brown missed 52 yd FG at the end of the half (6 point swing)
9> I forgot to do a shot of Jim Beam before Monday's game to get karma on the side of my Jim Beam team
8> Brett Favre. It came out this week that like most other weeks, he frequently audibled from a run play to a pass play. Guess who has Adrian Peterson?
7> Jason Campbell getting hurt. If I would had the stats Todd Collins racked up while he was in for Campbell, Vegas would be all mine!
6> Five players on my bench scoring at least 17.5 points. Not that I even considered starting any of these players (Heap, Barber, Charles, Eli, V. Young), but it shows how deep of a team I have. Charles is the only one who got serious consideration when making out my line up.
5> Cullen Jenkins. He had a point blank shot at Roethlisberger on the last drive and missed him. That resulted in a 4 point swing as the Steelers got a TD on the next play.
4> Instant replay. A sack and fumble recovery for my Packers D was overturned by replay which showed Big Ben's arm was going forward when the ball was knocked out. Don't know if it
was "indisputable", but I agree with the ruling of incomplete.
3> Jim Zorn. What was with the fake FG call? I can understand the element of surprise, but once the Giants took a time out, did he think they didn't come up with a plan to stop that play? This gave Beasts ii 4 extra points getting him into the top 15.
2> Jason Campbell's pick 6. I don't think Campbell played bad, but this pass was a horrible mistake by him. Davis was open on the screen and he just over shot him by 5 yards giving the Giants an easy TD. I lost one point and Beasts ii gained 6 points. (7 point swing)
1> Dom Capers! How does the so called #1 defense in the league let a team drive 86 yards in 2 minutes with only 1 time out left? By only rushing 3 guys when they have 3 inexperienced defensive backs. Capers said later that he didn't want to lose the lead with one big play. That would have been a lot better than losing on 6 plays that ate up all of the remaining time! If you rush 5 guys, you still have 6 guys covering 4. As bad as Pitt's offensive line is, the receivers won't be able to get more than 10 yards down field by the time Roethlisberger has someone ready to hit him. Instead you give him all day and let the receivers get down field to spread apart your defense and create large holes. Brilliant! Maybe I should blame the school of defensive coaching because Capers isn't the only coordinator who does this. As the old saying goes...it's called a PREVENT defense because it PREVENTS you from winning. It also PREVENTED me from going to Vegas on FFOC's tab.
Bah Humbug!
Wednesday, December 23
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment