Tonight is the start of week 15 in the NFL. It's essentially the semi-final round of the FFOC. For me though, it's the finals, as my only goal was to get at least one team to Vegas. The money is definitely nice, but being a VIP for a weekend and having my first experience of watching games with people that I'm competing against would be unforgettable.
Last years finalists continue to reminisce on their experiences from last year. The defending champ, Shane Schroeder is still alive. I would be interested to hear his feelings on his second go around in Vegas if he makes it. I can't imagine he'll have the excitement of the other owners because he's been there done that. He'll probably sport some new trendy hat that he spent some of his winnings on. He'll also get hounded like a rock star by the other owners asking him the obvious questions that he's answered a million times...."What did you do with your money?" "Where you nervous doing the games?" "Do you have hot women throwing themselves at you like you're Tiger Woods?" Now that I think about it, Shane may be hoping that he doesn't make it to Vegas, as crazy as that sounds.
Tonight we have Indy and Jacksonville. Like many owners, I don't have anyone involved. Even though I have Dallas Clark in my high stakes home league, I hope he gets shut out tonight as he is the most owned player. 26 teams have Dallas Clark on their roster, and I imagine at least 20 of them will have him starting. I know a few teams had his 22+ points on the bench last week because they have the TD stud Vernon Davis as well. If only we could trade in the FFOC!?!?!?!
Dallas Clark is probably the only player I worry about tonight. Sure, Peyton can have a huge game, but only 9 teams own him. Same goes for Jones-Drew who's owned by 6 teams. Here is my top 10 players I'll be rooting against this weekend:
10> Brett Favre - owned by 14 (and disowned by thousands of us Packers fans)
9> Brandon Marshall - owned by 24
8> Matt Schaub - owned by 18
7> Miles Austin - owned by 30
6> Vernon Davis - owned by 20
5> Dallas Clark - owned by 26
4> Drew Brees - owned by 31
3> Eagles DST - owned by 30
2> Andre Johnson - owned by 29
1> Chris Johnson - owned by 28
A special thanks to Aaron "sweater mustache guy", a 2008 finalist, for tabulating the 'owned by' totals used in this blog.
Dream result - Jacksonville 14 Indy 9
Probable result - Jacksonville 24 Indy 16
Worst result - Indy 42 Jacksonville 0
I won't be watching much of this game, but be assured I will check the box score as soon as I can.
Thursday, December 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment