Friday, December 25

Vegas bound!

Due to a shortage of points, I'm heading to Vegas for a weekend of football and partying on my own tab rather than the FFOC. Missing the top 15 by 2.4 points and the August bracket by less than 1 point, I was a TD late and a dollar short.

My flight leaves in 6 hours and I don't plan on getting much sleep. I'll get into Vegas early Saturday morning and have a whole day to get ready for the bellagio draft. I can't wait for it! It's a competitive league and with a one week scoring system, everyone's draft lists will probably differ greatly.

I have the 9th pick and am happy with it. I'd much rather be low in the draft than high. My friend Pete who's in the bracket as well is drafting 4th. The Bellagio bracket is filled with big names such as Jim T who bought the most teams in the FFOC and was the hot topic in the message boards most of this season.
Then there's Korey G who's part of rotoplay.com and a very skilled drafter as well. He made the top 15 last year and came up just short this season. Other final 15 participants from last year, Aaron "sweater mustache guy" is drafting right behind me and the defending FFOC champ, Shane Schroeder is drafting in the 6 spot, and Zebb "the party animal" is in the 2 spot. Scottie Horton, is drafting 7th. He's the only final 15 member in this draft. I doubt he'll be paying much attention to this team on Sunday as he has a little big more riding on his skyt 2 hotty team.

The draft is rounded out with Brian Johnson who has the first pick. I believe he was a bartender at the final 15 last year. I don't recognize the name and Stan mentioned that one or two of the bartenders saw how much fun the contest was last year, so they wanted in on the action this year. Finally there's Tom Yates. Another name that I'm not familiar with.

I will try to post the Bellagio draft as we progress on Saturday. I'm very interested to see how it goes since I know my draft lists are far different from the pre-season draft lists. Do you go with the best players or the best match ups? I'm also interested to see who shies away from Inday and New Orleans players in fear that they will pull out their starters early.

7 hours til my flight leaves! To sleep or not to sleep?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tom Yates won the NFFC last year. He's a top fantasy player.