Sunday, December 6

Waiting game

Coming into week 13 of the Vegas bracket, I knew I would be below the cutline and have to wait for the Sunday and Monday night games. I think my teams are in pretty good shape, but injuries and poor performances can happen, so I will watch the last two games nervously.

As we stand now, the cut line is 92.56 in the Vegas bracket. My Jager Meister team sits at 76.06 with Rodgers, Boldin and Longwell yet to play. This team I worry about most as I think Rodgers will struggle against the Ravens defense. My Jim Beam team has 65.04 points with Rodgers, Peterson, Rice and Finley yet to play. Hopefully Peterson has a 15+ point night to give me some breathing room for tomorrow. I anticipate a very big game out of Rice tomorrow against my beloved Packers.

The only lineup decision I half way regret was playing Cassel at OP on my Jager Meister team. I knew he had a very bad match up, as did my 3rd qb, Mark Sanchez. As of this morning, I had Ricky Williams at OP, but decided that even a bad day out of Cassel would net 8 points. I was wrong as Cassel threw for a whopping 84 yards. Another late line up move seems to have paid off as I put in Steve Smith (NYG) for Greg Jennings on my Jim Beam team. Smith dropped an easy TD pass at the end of the game which could have given me 6.5 more points. Oh well.

I'm sure that since I'll be close to the cut line this week, I will go through all the teams I'm competing with to see how many Rodgers and Rice owners their are. I will be extremely happy if I can get both teams to the next round of cuts. I had bad QB match ups and for a change, my WR's have come through for me with solid weeks.

I definitely anticipate a live game blog tomorrow night since I'll be watching the cut line closely. My dream game would be a shootout with the Packers putting up 30+ points as I'm sure there are a number of Ravens defense owners.

My guess is the cut line will end up around 105. Let's hope ADP and Boldin have big nights and Rice, Fitzgerald and Favre are limited.

No comments: